Goldman Sachs CEO: We won't take you public unless you have a one diverse board member

They probably did this because there is next to zero diversity in Asian markets. Here you can pass a rule like this and end up with better boards. Asian markets don't have/groom the female/minority talent that we do.

There’s no guarantee appointing someone to a board based on something other than purely their merits will result in a better board. Token hires don’t make anything better.

Reactions: Wireless1
You're thinking is straight out of the 1960s. Women now are a majority of the American workforce. They represent a significant portion of the investment market. Women own businesses, are finance and legal professionals and occupy a large number of executive/c-level positions; these qualifications make them ideal candidate to be good board members. Having women on your board also shows a commitment to diversity and that you do not discriminate.
Or you think really outside the box and hire the best candidate regardless of their race, gender, etc

Reactions: tennvols77
LOL.....So just out of curiosity say a company has an all female board or all white female board?

LMFAO.......I'm betting you're one of those citizens that believe there should have been a White Entertainment Channel because of BET.

You seem way too smart not to understand the difference

Reactions: Purple Tiger
LMFAO.......I'm betting you're one of those citizens that believe there should have been a White Entertainment Channel because of BET.

You seem way too smart not to understand the difference
Tell me the difference. Also, is believing your race is superior always wrong or just when it's one you don't like? Black Power - good, White Power - bad.

The natural progression of capitalism will be to become more socially conscious.

That is as more and more individuals continue to gain social consciousness.

The natural progression of capitalism will be to become more socially conscious.

That is as more and more individuals continue to gain social consciousness.

I’m curious , what’s happened to every civilized society that has continued to “ progress “ further and further left ?

Reactions: Bigun
I’m curious , what’s happened to every civilized society that has continued to “ progress “ further and further left ?
They fared much better than the societies who through government or religion tried to restrict the natural progression.

They fared much better than the societies who through government or religion tried to restrict the natural progression.

When you say natural progress , do you mean progressing to to demise and downfall ?

I don't believe progressing to demise and downfall would be the least bit natural.

..And yet every civilized society that marched further and further left has collapsed. I get where your default setting is , I also understand the more we as humans depend on something , ( I’ll use government here) , the harder it is for us to be become self reliant again or ever . I also take into account that people are greedy and the more we get , the more we inevitably want from our grantors . So it’s a vicious circle this “progression to the left “ and realistically, factually , without question , creates more and more problems to the point of collapse.

..And yet every civilized society that marched further and further left has collapsed. I get where your default setting is , I also understand the more we as humans depend on something , ( I’ll use government here) , the harder it is for us to be become self reliant again or ever . I also take into account that people are greedy and the more we get , the more we inevitably want from our grantors . So it’s a vicious circle this “progression to the left “ and realistically, factually , without question , creates more and more problems to the point of collapse.
I completely reject your last sentence.

and as far as this sentence goes: I also take into account that people are greedy and the more we get , the more we inevitably want from our grantors . (It's also true without the last 3 words)

Last edited:
I completely reject your last sentence.

and as far as this sentence goes: I also take into account that people are greedy and the more we get , the more we inevitably want from our grantors . (It's also true without the last 3 words)

This seems odd to me that it’s the last sentence that you reject and yet understand the rest as truth . Sounds just like two actors I know when they were promoting Venezuela ( Danny Glover and Sean Penn)

When companies are doing well, Sales is usually in charge and they spend like drunken sailors. Then things turn downward then Accounting is put in charge to try to keep the company from spending itself to death.

When governments are doing well, the Liberals want to spend like the drunken sailors.

Reactions: Godfatha and hog88
When companies are doing well, Sales is usually in charge and they spend like drunken sailors. Then things turn downward then Accounting is put in charge to try to keep the company from spending itself to death.

When governments are doing well, the Liberals want to spend like the drunken sailors.

So you're saying Trump is a liberal? The national debt has increased $3 trillion in his three years of being President.

So you're saying Trump is a liberal? The national debt has increased $3 trillion in his three years of being President.

Difference is Trump approaches spending as an investment (border wall) and not as entitlement programs. And more than a third of that $3T is interest on the debt that Barry added.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

VN Store

Back