Going to say what no one else will: Kennedy Chandler’s already the best PG

Small sample size. But reminds me of Kyrie in the small glimpse we got to see of him at Duke.

He was shooting blazing hot from 3. Showed amazing handles and poise with the ball. Made plays with ball.

Chandler is just so far ahead offensively of what you’re used to seeing from any college player, especially a freshman, it’s a bit unnerving. I find my mouth hanging open.

Defensively though, he is a traffic cone. Got a long way to go there. But he picked the right coach for that to be his weakness.

Honestly, I’ll take what you said a step further. Right now, I think he is probably the single most talented player we’ve seen at UT since King. Unless this has all been variance, and he reverts to a norm.

But wow. If not, enjoy this while you can

(Best and most talented are very different things btw)

in TN history

Better enjoy watching him as a Vol—minus an injury this year will be it. Kid is superb.
If he takes us to the promise land this year, he will definitely be the Best pg in TN history and probably the best freshman since Bernard

in TN history

Better enjoy watching him as a Vol—minus an injury this year will be it. Kid is superb.

Love me some KC but I don't think he will continue to hit 86 % from 3, 100 % ft percentage, and a 2 1/2 -1 turnover average for the rest of the year. It would be nice but ..... not going to happen. Hopefully, he can stay hot, but no one can stay this hot,
Does remind you a little of how hot King was out of the gate. He is on fire.

He will get scouted and even shut down some games.

I grew up a giant Houston fan. Like, had cutouts from Sports Illustrated of him on my wall. Used the Knicks in video games etc…

And I’m still amazed by Chandler
Houston was my favorite Vol and former player for about 15 years. Not a hall of fame career, but a damn good one for my Pistons and especially the Knicks.

TN’s all time greats at PG are guys like Danny Shultz, Billy Hahn, Dickey Johnston, Rodney Woods, Johnny Darden, Bert, Tony Harris, Bobby Maze, CJ Watson, and Josh Bone. KC will be the GOAT PG if he avoids injury.

Yeah, some SEC champions on that list & CJ played like 10 yrs in NBA.

VN Store

Back