God of War: Ragnarok (PS4/PS5)

Reviews are coming in. Unsurprising, they are very high!

IGN -10/10
MP1st - 10/10
Game Informer - 9.5/10
Game Spot - 9/10
Videogamer - 10/10
VGC - 10/10
Gaming Nexus - 10/10
The Sixth Axis - 9/10
Spiel Times - 10/10
CG Magazine - 9.5/10
Eurogamer - (they don't give scores but they raved about the game)
Dashgamer - 10/10
Sirus Gaming - 10/10

Reactions: Rifleman
Reviews are coming in. Unsurprising, they are very high!

IGN -10/10
MP1st - 10/10
Game Informer - 9.5/10
Game Spot - 9/10
Videogamer - 10/10
VGC - 10/10
Gaming Nexus - 10/10
The Sixth Axis - 9/10
Spiel Times - 10/10
CG Magazine - 9.5/10
Eurogamer - (they don't give scores but they raved about the game)
Dashgamer - 10/10
Sirus Gaming - 10/10

I know these publications all make bank by getting us to play and follow games, but it objectively has been a banner year for the gaming industry.

Video games now can sometimes deliver what a very strong novel used to bring with story and immersion, and the visuals and revenues have absolutely eclipsed Hollywood.

Gotta carve some time out to play this one.

Will be hard waiting on this to hit PC, might have to just buy it for PS5 as I have no willpower.

The last game was one of my all-time favorites. I'm not sure how I'm going to wait for this to hit PC. Don't want to buy a PS5 just for this. Ugh.

bDYipFU.jpg

I don't buy a lot of games physically anymore but I do make the occasional exception and God of War is definitely one of them!

As for the game itself, I'm only about 3 hours in and it has already put a lump in my throat a couple of times! Amazing story telling so far! The game play is smooth and the combat is better than the 2018 game! So far it's definitely living up to the hype!

Last edited:
There’s a setting in this where you can change all of the “Push this button a bunch of times really fast” to just holding the button instead, and I’m all about it.

I hate that and QTE’s, always have.

Played the fist 2 hours or so. Incredible. There's an epic early fight like in the prior game but with a shocking moment that really takes it to another level.

Basically its the first game with all the annoyances sanded off and truly stunning graphics.

Do yourself a favor and whip out the blades when the little critter like things are out attacking. It’s so much easier than the axe.

About 20 hours in. Can’t heap enough praise on this game. Entertaining, moving, well-written, flawlessly executed and nothing feels like filler. Excited to see where it goes.

The villain duo in this game rivals and reminds me of Dutch and Micah from RDR2. So well done!

VN Store

Back