Go Dawgs Beat Vandy

:furious3: Explain to me how a team can go undefeated in conference play and LOSE the tournament!! :furious3:

The Lady Vols don't seem as "dominant" now as they did in the "3 Meeks" era. UConn, Duke and even Villanova could arguably be said to be better than us. :(

Thats why I like womens basketball better now...there is a heck of alot more parity now and getting spread out a lil more.

:lol: :lol:

I bet...just glad UF is getting better...they have one of the top ladies all around programs in the country and glad to see them putting the effort in the ladies bball program!

I think it's kinda sad that even with Pat Summitt's mega-success, UT is and forever will be a football school. As long as the football team is doing well, nobody really gives a flip about what any other team is doing. I admit I only follow basketball to get through the post-football season letdown.

I feel the same about UF in basketball....UF has been a top 10 team for a few years and there is still more football talk than basketball during basketball season on the Gator boards.

This team is not one of the better Lady Vol teams that we have had. BUT, the future is definitely bright. If these girls that we signed this past year are half as good as they are supposed to be then we should be in the hunt for a couple of national titles in the next 4 years. I forget the numbers exactly but they got something like 4 or 5 of the top 10 players in the nation.

Oh well, at least the men should be in the NIT. I guess it's better than not playing in the postseason at all, but just barely. :banghead:

Easy for you to say!! I have been more than patient...I have been through over two decades of this misery. Then, the only good team we have had in the last 25 years, your Tarheels have to spoil it for me. :angry:

The worst part of it is that one of my buddies was a UNC fan and we watched it together. Actually, now that I think about it he was a Gator fan as well. Must be your evil twin.

No you are not the only one. Man this guy used to drive me nuts because the Gators always beat us in football and then the Heels would be at least in the Sweet 16 every year. That's not playing fair. :lol: His only problem was he liked UNC football!

Hey I went to the F$U-UNC football game last year! :lol: :lol: They do suck here lately though...but had the 15th best recruiting class! :eek:

They had a pretty good class.

It will be ineresting to see what happens in the ACC next year.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 7, 2004 12:51 AM
:furious3: Explain to me how a team can go undefeated in conference play and LOSE the tournament!! :furious3:

No biggee ~ look back at the Lady Vols' tourney records in the years that we won the NC............ :D Look on the bright side ~ they now have an extra day to rest.

VN Store

Back