Give me your hottest takes in life

Totally disagree. I think it’s a tone setter. Ordered, organized and disciplined.

More power to you if it works for you. But, your basically describing a placebo effect. It has no tangible benifit, but you find it useful, just because you perceive it to be so. Anything could be useful in that way. Making the bed won't have a positive effect on me, because I don't believe it's useful. If anything it will negativity effect me due to the same phenomenon.

I see it as wasted energy that could have been spent on accomplishing a task with a tangible benefit, or at least one that is stimulating. It's busy work. Which I find infuriating.

The thing about the Beatles is there is a lot of variance. Im not a huge fan of most of their early stuff but the later stuff when they started experimenting in the studio is groundbreaking. I mean if you don't like I Wanna Hold Your Hand, you got Rocky Raccoon and Norweigan Wood. Or anything on Let it Be. People tend to lump it all into one ball and say they like it or don't but it's really all over the place.
Just the opposite of me. I grew up with the Beatles, and liked the early stuff through maybe 1967 or so, not so much after that.

More power to you if it works for you. But, your basically describing a placebo effect. It has no tangible benifit, but you find it useful, just because you perceive it to be so. Anything could be useful in that way. Making the bed won't have a positive effect on me, because I don't believe it's useful. If anything it will negativity effect me due to the same phenomenon.

I see it as wasted energy that could have been spent on accomplishing a task with a tangible benefit, or at least one that is stimulating. It's busy work. Which I find infuriating.
There is a ton in life that has to do with mindset. Start off sloppy, finish sloppy. That is why the military demands it. If you can’t start the day off with putting things in order there is a good chance you won’t have things in order elsewhere. It’s not a guarantee, but I find truly successful people are detail oriented.

There is a ton in life that has to do with mindset. Start off sloppy, finish sloppy. That is why the military demands it. If you can’t start the day off with putting things in order there is a good chance you won’t have things in order elsewhere. It’s not a guarantee, but I find truly successful people are detail oriented.
They indeed trend to be detail oriented. They also tend to focus on important details and ignore minutiae. They generally have staff to make there bed for them too. ;)

SIAP, but the following things are complete scams:

Bottled water in an area where clean water is readily accessible

Chiropractors that claim to do anything except make my back feel kinda, sorta better

Pretentiously expensive wine

Virtually anything “homeopathic”

Non-profits that pay out more in salary than they give to the people that they are supposed to be helping

As a side note: Vaccines don’t cause autism

#CorrelationDoesNotImplyCausation

Fight me

Last edited:
Reactions: pismonque
SIAP, but the following things are complete scams:

Bottled water in an where clean water is readily accessible

Chiropractors that claim to do anything except make my back feel kinda, sorta better

Pretentiously expensive wine

Virtually anything “homeopathic”

Non-profits that pay out more in salary than they give to the people that they are supposed to be helping

As a side note: Vaccines don’t cause autism

#CorrelationDoesNotImplyCausation

Fight me

In the spirit of that last line (the hashtag, not the “fight me”), I would add nearly every news item about medical studies. Like the other day, something about people who drink diet sodas die younger. Well, yeah, because it tends to be fatasses like me who are drinking them and fatasses tend to be less healthy. And so on. That’s a grossly simplified example but the news reporting of studies is always keyed to the scary clickbait headline.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ron Mexico
Gluten free pastas taste like crap.

The phrase “old school” is overused.

The best neighbors are the ones that simply wave.

Why does Sunday even feel boring?

Cool thread BTW.

Worrying

Why worry about anything that has already happened?........it’s happened no need to worry, live with it, fix it or just let it be.

Why worry about something that hasn’t happened yet? Well that’s just dumb. Maybe it won’t ever happen.

Whoever came up with -no elbows on the table while eating- is/was a doofus.
I do it, and I don't consider it rude.

Reactions: joevol33

VN Store

Back