Give me your hottest takes in life

When I was poor all I wanted was money. I learned about want vs. need when I was poor.

As soon as I had the wealth to do whatever I wanted, somehow the wants weren't as exciting and sexy, and had a problem spending money on "things". The value and desires were somehow less now that I could have anything.

I enjoy that my money means my family won't have to worry for generations, and my closest friends (4) will never have to worry too much as I helped them pay off mortgages and cars and put money aside for their children to go to school freeingup for them to save. This was the meaning of wealth, and it didn't really include my desires, which diminished, but, rather what it meant to those around me and my community.

I'm tighter with my money now, more than when I was young and dumb and had but a penny to my name.

Can we be friends, lol I have a mortgage and children in school.

Just kidding but I understand what your saying. My wants as a youngster are much different than now. I still want things but not like I did as I was young.

They aren't terrible, but they are pretty overrated.

Most overrated bands of all time:
1. Jimmy Buffett (some will take issue with this, saying he isn't supposed to be taken all that seriously as a musician and it's more about his "vibe," but I still put him here)
2. The Beach Boys
3. The Eagles
4. Bob Dylan
5. The Grateful Dead
Does music classify as bad if it sounds good, but not hard to create/play ?

Does music classify as bad if it sounds good, but not hard to create/play ?
Not necessarily. What music is "bad" or "good" is subjective, as is what artists are overrated and which aren't.

IMO, artists who are overrated have a huge following but don't have a particularly unique talent or creativity.

Reactions: goldenvol
Not necessarily. What music is "bad" or "good" is subjective, as is what artists are overrated and which aren't.

IMO, artists who are overrated have a huge following but don't have a particularly unique talent or creativity.

I posted before I read through the full thread. You explained your stance, so I get where your coming from.

You've got a lot of nerve posting that. They're one the most influential and celebrated bands of the 20th century. Hick!
I don’t disagree about being influential and celebrated. I got an A in History of Rock thank you. Doesn’t mean I like the music.

I don’t disagree about being influential and celebrated. I got an A in History of Rock thank you. Doesn’t mean I like the music.

The thing about the Beatles is there is a lot of variance. Im not a huge fan of most of their early stuff but the later stuff when they started experimenting in the studio is groundbreaking. I mean if you don't like I Wanna Hold Your Hand, you got Rocky Raccoon and Norweigan Wood. Or anything on Let it Be. People tend to lump it all into one ball and say they like it or don't but it's really all over the place.

Reactions: Quaint88
The thing about the Beatles is there is a lot of variance. Im not a huge fan of most of their early stuff but the later stuff when they started experimenting in the studio is groundbreaking. I mean if you don't like I Wanna Hold Your Hand, you got Rocky Raccoon and Norweigan Wood. Or anything on Let it Be. People tend to lump it all into one ball and say they like it or don't but it's really all over the place.

I liked the original Paul better.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

Nevermind RR or NW they took Come Together to #1 and Yellow Submarine to #2. Whatever the hell I Am The Walrus is made it to #56. I don't count myself as much of a Beatles guy myself but they are enormous in the historical sense.

They aren't terrible, but they are pretty overrated.

Most overrated bands of all time:
1. Jimmy Buffett (some will take issue with this, saying he isn't supposed to be taken all that seriously as a musician and it's more about his "vibe," but I still put him here)
2. The Beach Boys
3. The Eagles
4. Bob Dylan
5. The Grateful Dead

Yes to Eagles, Buffet, and Grateful Dead.

Bob Dylan is legitimately a literary icon of world history.

The Beach Boys entire body of work is overrated, IMO, but Pet Sounds is maybe the most important rock album of all time. Fun fact, Good Vibrations (arguably their most popular single) was also supposed to be on Pet Sounds but they had no room left on the album.

Last edited:
Yes to Eagles, Buffet, and Grateful Dead.

Bob Dylan is legitimately a literary icon of world history.

The Beach Boys entire body of work is overrated, IMO, but Pet Sounds is maybe the most important rock album of all time. Fun fact, Good Vibrations (arguably their most popular single) was also supposed to be on Pet Sounds but they had no room left on the album.
Literary icon - yes, because of the songwriting. Incredible songwriter. Overrated singer/musician.

I think making the bed is the most useless activity in the history of mankind. You make it in the morning, no one else sees it until that night when you mess it up again to crawl in to sleep. Exposing your sheets to light also kills the dust mites that tend to live in your matress. Making the bed gives them a nice dark place, which is what they want. Also, pillow shams are stupid. No one other than you sees them and you always take them off the same day you put them on. What's the point? I can see making it if you have a bunch of people coming over and they might need to use the master bathroom. Other than that taking time out of your day to do that chore is an utterly pointless waste.
Totally disagree. I think it’s a tone setter. Ordered, organized and disciplined.

* Making your bed is just a waste of time and energy. Who besides you is going to be in your bedroom? Are you showing your guest your bedroom? Your just going to get in it and mess it up again

* Recently I've been seeing fast food joints with signs like "Please have payment ready at window"....So your in a hurry to get my $$ but are still going to make me wait 20 minutes to screw up my cheeseburger??

VN Store

Back