Give me your hottest takes in life

After 4 lanes of traffic adding more doesnt relieve congestion. And actually can add to it, as people have to traverse more lanes to get to/from an exit.

More lanes also add to number of accidents, both because of higher speeds, and more chances for something to go wrong.

And when 1 lane is closing off 1 mile down the road on a 2 lane road, for god's sake don't all pile into 1 lane immediately. Ya have to utilize both lanes' full capacity right up until the actual point of lane closure. It's called the zipper method and is advocated by DoTs across the country. But people still think YOU'RE the jerk for "skipping the line". Morans.

Merge (traffic) - Wikipedia

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Car insurance is the biggest scam in history. After so many months, or at least a few years, they should say ok you're good for a while. Some people end up paying more in insurance than they pay for their car and never even use it.

Get mimimal required. I pay $30 a month for liability. Full coverage is for bad drivers or can't replace their car if totaled. Not worth it imo. I knew one guy that had just bought a house and had a $800 mortgage. He then went out and paid 22k for a car, fully financed, then paid $300(!!) a month for insurance. He was paying nearly as much for a mediocre new car as his gotdang house. Just poor financial decisions that bridle so many swimming in debt.

Ok, I'm going to be that guy because this is a pet peeve of mine. Studies show that merging where the lane actually closes, the so-called "zipper merge", reduces traffic by 40-50% over merging early. I see the effects of this every day driving home. Merging early just slows everything down.

Go Ahead!: Is the "zipper merge" rude?

omfg someone already posted the zipper method. Must be one in a million odds. Mindblown

you want a hot take? Peyton Manning's NFL status will fall as more and more QBs eclipse his accomplishments. He may not even be top 10 all time in other 10 years.

I see your point as far as stats being surpassed. NFL teams are finally listening to the analytic teams and passing more and more. Attempts will rise, as will yards. A coach from the Leach tree will eventually hit the league and chuck it 90% of the time...if Kingsbury doesn't try it first.

T-Pain is actually a dang good singer, not just autotune extraordinaire.

Before you shriek, judge for yourself:

It will take until 2031 until people fully transition to speaking of "the 20s" as the 2020s. Just like no one references the 1820s as "the twenties" any longer, the 1920's days are numbered as well.

I’ve gotten one that has happened to me twice today (I work in the customer service field):

People that ask you how you’re doing but continue to talk without letting you answer should be stripped of all lands and titles, and should be forced to go back to kindergarten for one year.

I agree fully. We used to do role playing for how to handle customers. So, when it was my turn as the customer, my go to opening was always, "hey how ya doin today? :quarter beat: I GOT THIS PROBLEM BLAH BLAH BLAH". Typical customer.

Then it’s defiantly not a good idea to go to any “country” concert ever.

I’ll add: no self respecting man should wear the man version of daisy dukes. It’s not cool, it’s not a style, you look like you should be immediately admitted and sedated.

My old ball coach were short cutoffs. Dude was built like a tank too. Quite certain he was gay. Cool af guy. The guy made the shorts.

Debt to attend a medical school is probably the form of student debt that is most likely to be worth it, particularly if the labor shortages @BAJAvol talk about materialize. Any field that is currently experiencing a labor shortage is a great field to get into, at least from a financial perspective, and borrowing money in order to enter said field can be worth it.

Demand for that stuff is just going to keep increasing over time, and if the labor pool just continues to get relatively smaller, it means big $$$ for the docs.

Scanning robotics and diagnostics will put docs in 1st world countries out of work in 20 years. Most docs will either be in very poor areas or the few left will be managers/technicians for the robotic companies.

Niche technicians may still exist.

Scanning robotics and diagnostics will put docs in 1st world countries out of work in 20 years. Most docs will either be in very poor areas or the few left will be managers/technicians for the robotic companies.

Guess I'll have to retire a little early, LOL.

I bet the same was said when I was in med school, 20 years ago.

I doubt its 20 years. But probably within my life time

Reactions: Devo182
Put bottle water in the freezer and let it get frosty looking, but not frozen. When you open it, it will turn to slush, and it's awesome.

By 2015 we will have flying cars

Ain't nothin new....

maxresdefault.jpg

Why are the Japanese so advanced in toilet technology?

VN Store

Back