Give me 5 reasons why we will be better this year

The main reason is our offensive staff will not be handcuffed by a defensive coordinator masquerading as a head coach the way Chaney was.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
1) Phillip Fulmer is not meddling with coaches.

2) Phillip Fulmer is not making decisions involving football.

3) Phillip Fulmer is not back stabbing someone to get an athletic position.

4) Phillip Fulmers ego cannot hurt us anymore.

5) Phillip Fulmer has FINALLY been pushed away from the University.

Since no-one else wants to acknowledge it, there, I did!

Lousy post plain and simple. Bet you loved the days when he was winning and beating Bama, and everyone else except UF. Grow up.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
1 reason.. play call
we will not be better in any other facet of the game
So you are saying that UT will not score more than 21 ppg and will allow more than 30 ppg, correct? That's the definitive, concrete certainty you're offering? UT will average less than 350 ypg and will allow more than 410? UT will do no better than 200 ypg passing?

Oh, and you are saying that UT will win less than 3 games?

Besides Pruitt & a certain QB being gone give us 5 reasons we will be a better team.
Schedule helps- not only the opponents but how it lays out.

The quality of the teams after UF and UGA in the East will be weaker overall and for every team except maybe Mizzou. UK IMO lost players they cannot replace in a year.

OL play will benefit from an O that keeps the opposing front 7 on its heels and tired... and gets the ball out quicker in the pass game by design.

What the O asks the QB's to do well.

Speed. Outside of Gray every position group appears to be faster than last year.

Of all the issues we had, I really don’t think Chaney was the source of the offensive problems.
I think he was a big portion. He kept trying to put JG in a weird box of 11 personnel and spread. He operated much better under Helton and that was his first year starting. Chaney literally made the QB and offense regress.

Chaney is just not a very good OC, unless he has boatloads of talent (what does that say?). He spent 6 seasons at UT and only reached 30 ppg (now the national average) only ONCE. That is god awful.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I think he was a big portion. He kept trying to put JG in a weird box of 11 personnel and spread. He operated much better under Helton and that was his first year starting. Chaney literally made the QB and offense regress.

Chaney is just not a very good OC, unless he has boatloads of talent (what does that say?). He spent 6 seasons at UT and only reached 30 ppg (now the national average) only ONCE. That is god awful.
I see the point you’re making, but I can also say that looking at his head coaches and QB’s during that time probably made a bigger difference . He had Kiffin for 1 year and it took until the 4th quarter against Auburn for the light bulb to come on for Crompton. He had Dooley with Simms for most of a season before Bray took over and I’m guessing he’s the only one to put us above 30 ppg. Then we all know what Pruitt was like with JG and his micromanaging every aspect of the team. I’m not saying there weren’t many times where the play calling or formations weren’t questionable, but I also think that Chaney wasn’t put in the best position to succeed either.

1) Energy - this team appears to be more energized and excited so far
2) Offensive scheme - hopefully the days of run, run, run, punt are gone along with the last coaches
3) Player growth - At UCF it seemed every player on the roster ended the season better than when they started. We should see that growth here too.
4) Schedule - as mentioned by others we have a somewhat favorable schedule this year that should contain 4 to 6 wins with little effort
5) Defense - in most people's view this one is a minus, but I think this defense will surprise a few people and stop some teams

Besides Pruitt & a certain QB being gone give us 5 reasons we will be a better team.

Have not read the responses (didn't want to be influenced), but you gave two big reasons right there.

1.) We will be better because the 3 wins from 2020 is a low bar we can reach, especially with the non-conference teams.
2.) We will have the will and the guts to employ offensive firepower much more than last season.
3.) I believe players will play loose - we won't be uptight and have nothing to lose even with those possible NCAA sanctions over our heads.
4.) Truly a fresh start, with everyone on the old coaching staff removed, along with Phil Fulmer as AD; Danny White and Josh Huepel already have a good relationship.
5.) With full stadiums, I believe our homefield advantage is a somewhat larger advantage than the homefield advantages of other teams in a similar boat as us, which will push us towards a better W-L record in 2021.

Well, that's five! Gimme Five and Give Him Six!

IMHO, neither Dooley nor Pruitt listened to Chaney when it came to the QB position. Dooly more so than Pruitt though.

There seemed to be quite a bit of smoke around the suggestion that Chaney wanted someone else and Pruitt insisted on JG. The Maurer experiment seems to support that idea. He might well have become established as the starter if he had not gotten flipped on his head vs MSU.

So you are saying that UT will not score more than 21 ppg and will allow more than 30 ppg, correct? That's the definitive, concrete certainty you're offering? UT will average less than 350 ypg and will allow more than 410? UT will do no better than 200 ypg passing?

Oh, and you are saying that UT will win less than 3 games?
Lol yes with the play calling paying dividends. Not sure you need all that big boy

Lol yes with the play calling paying dividends. Not sure you need all that big boy
You said that literally no other facet would improve... it takes more than playcalling for a play to work. For instance if QB play doesn't improve it won't matter in the least how good he is at playcalling. If the OL doesn't play better as a unit... playcalling won't save them.

Get it now?

You said that literally no other facet would improve... it takes more than playcalling for a play to work. For instance if QB play doesn't improve it won't matter in the least how good he is at playcalling. If the OL doesn't play better as a unit... playcalling won't save them.

Get it now?
Lol bro you never ever have to worry about me getting IT ok pal.. our team sucks. Nothing is getting better expect play calling. If that results in better results then ok. Nothing that our players do is going to get better. We have worse roster than last year..

Hey quick question ? Get it ? Lol

Lol bro you never ever have to worry about me getting IT ok pal.. our team sucks. Nothing is getting better expect play calling. If that results in better results then ok. Nothing that our players do is going to get better. We have worse roster than last year..

Hey quick question ? Get it ? Lol
Which is your team?

Getting the football to our playmakers in space.
Veterans on both sides of the football.
Better coaching.
Better schedule.
Opposing teams don't have film on us.

VN Store

Back