Give Fulmer some credit

YadaYada Yada.....

Texas did not want Rick Barnes? Thankfully Dave Hart sealed that deal. Austin, TX ain't been the same since Rick left town.

Some Vol fans/and other yeahoos did not want Fulmer (our own Hall of Fame Coach) as AD but were ok hiring doofuss clowns who never played any sport beyond T-Ball?

Fulmer certainly did a tremendous job advising ETSU to reestablish football which just won a conference championship and he is for sure one of the best ADs in the SEC - Why does it time for some people to recognize brilliance when it stares them in the face?

I hate Randy Boyd lost the Governor's race - however I am extremely impressed with Bill Lee. Randy Boyd is a phenomenal hire by UT. He has forgotten more about sports management than all college president in the SEC combined and I predict Boyd will be the best UT President since Andy Holt.

Now on to Chaney.... Ok Kirby wanted to kick Chaney to the curb? (which I must admit would take one powerful leg swing). That's ok - Chaney will be gunning to take the Dawgs down and I predict he will proceed to do so.
Jim Chaney is one of the best OCs in the SEC and I am thrilled he is back. Get ready for some top flight offensive skill recruits to sign up.

I get the disillusionment with Holly. This commentary is about the revenue sports not the Title ? whatever it is programs.

Anyway - the Debby Downers had better get ready for the Big Orange to kickazz and take names beginning in Fall 2019. It is happening.

It will be an adjustment to start talking smack externally instead of internally and expecting to compete for championships but you better buy your season tickets and Vol jerseys right now while the markets are down......

He wasn’t fired - he was disgruntled a bit because Kirby wanted a little different setup with Cody. But it appears they didn’t really want to lose him. Fulmer and Pruitt stepped up and closed the deal. I don’t know if he’s the greatest ever, but I think he’s very good. If we get a good line - we can do very well! And compete at a high level. We have and can get many skill players! We need a powerful line! Did anyone notice Clemsons line kicking UA’s butts Monday? And that is pro prospects on D. Its possible just need strong linemen. No matter what scheme is. So I am hestitant to say Chaney can work miracles in one year! But I hope he can help cover weaknesses somewhat to at least put some more drives together!

Ah yes, the mysterious "we offered him a raise to stay". I rememeber when the Cardinals "made a substantial offer" to keep Albert Pujols...lol

what did you expect the reports of of Georgia to be "Good, we didnt want you anyway"...lol

Good lord people. If everything was kosher in Athens then Chaney would still be there.

Anyway, I'm glad he's at UT now, but man you guys.......
That is the exact response out of UGA. They claim they didn’t want him any longer and he was let go lol

Georgia football moves on without OC Jim Chaney, declines to match Tennessee offer

“This move is about money for Jim,” a source close to the situation said late Tuesday night. “Jim’s nearing retirement and it’s a chance for him to make a significant amount more than Kirby (Smart) was willing to pay him to stay.”

I don't think Kirby would have fired Chaney, but he obviously wasn't going to put any effort into retaining him; take that for what you will.

He obviously did or we wouldn't have gone that high.

Reactions: Alto1
To be clear tho, he didnt poach Chaney. Kirby Smart didnt want him any more.

No, he poached him. Georgia didn’t want rid of him, offered him a raise. Phil/JP/UT outbid Georgia for his services. Chaney prefers East Tennessee to Athens and he prefers more money to less money, and so he’s now employed in Knoxville.

YadaYada Yada.....

Texas did not want Rick Barnes? Thankfully Dave Hart sealed that deal. Austin, TX ain't been the same since Rick left town.

Some Vol fans/and other yeahoos did not want Fulmer (our own Hall of Fame Coach) as AD but were ok hiring doofuss clowns who never played any sport beyond T-Ball?

Fulmer certainly did a tremendous job advising ETSU to reestablish football which just won a conference championship and he is for sure one of the best ADs in the SEC - Why does it time for some people to recognize brilliance when it stares them in the face?

I hate Randy Boyd lost the Governor's race - however I am extremely impressed with Bill Lee. Randy Boyd is a phenomenal hire by UT. He has forgotten more about sports management than all college president in the SEC combined and I predict Boyd will be the best UT President since Andy Holt.

Now on to Chaney.... Ok Kirby wanted to kick Chaney to the curb? (which I must admit would take one powerful leg swing). That's ok - Chaney will be gunning to take the Dawgs down and I predict he will proceed to do so.
Jim Chaney is one of the best OCs in the SEC and I am thrilled he is back. Get ready for some top flight offensive skill recruits to sign up.

I get the disillusionment with Holly. This commentary is about the revenue sports not the Title ? whatever it is programs.

Anyway - the Debby Downers had better get ready for the Big Orange to kickazz and take names beginning in Fall 2019. It is happening.

It will be an adjustment to start talking smack externally instead of internally and expecting to compete for championships but you better buy your season tickets and Vol jerseys right now while the markets are down......

I work at Lee Company and I can tell you Bill is 100% genuine and a very good man. We are so proud of him, but it has been hard for us to give him up...he is very missed. 😢

I was curious about Randy Boyd... I was shocked that Bill beat him so badly in his home region. Is he a first class jerk or something? Not surprised Bill won, I just thought Boyd would do better in East TN. I think he only won 2 counties.

Glad to hear you think he will he a good president for UT!

He quietly gave Holly an extension also and he’s still the guy that made the mess in the first place.
I get some saying the game had past him by, but it's not like he was horrible. We've only had one coach since he left to come close to being a winner, and he's the most hated. Butch had a couple of 9 win seasons, and won all his bowls. I'm not defending him, just saying several hate on Fulmer with every breath, and we've not had another coach to sniff his Jock strap.

Ah yes, the mysterious "we offered him a raise to stay". I rememeber when the Cardinals "made a substantial offer" to keep Albert Pujols...lol

what did you expect the reports of of Georgia to be "Good, we didnt want you anyway"...lol

Good lord people. If everything was kosher in Athens then Chaney would still be there.

Anyway, I'm glad he's at UT now, but man you guys.......
Except people on Georgia's side are saying the same thing, said he used that offer to net more from Tennessee and that he negotiated in bad faith. I mean both sides are saying the same thing just in different ways. The guy is the highest paid OC now and you're thinking no one wanted him? It's just the most preposterous logic.

Reactions: posivol
He wasn’t fired - he was disgruntled a bit because Kirby wanted a little different setup with Cody. But it appears they didn’t really want to lose him. Fulmer and Pruitt stepped up and closed the deal. I don’t know if he’s the greatest ever, but I think he’s very good. If we get a good line - we can do very well! And compete at a high level. We have and can get many skill players! We need a powerful line! Did anyone notice Clemsons line kicking UA’s butts Monday? And that is pro prospects on D. Its possible just need strong linemen. No matter what scheme is. So I am hestitant to say Chaney can work miracles in one year! But I hope he can help cover weaknesses somewhat to at least put some more drives together!

The funny thing is Smart is pretty much stuck with Cody being his OC. Why? Well he was good enough to be a co OC with Chaney so he should be good enough to step right up. How do you tell Cody he's going to be a co again with a no name? Better yet how do you tell their fanbase and their team that? What name OC is going to come in and be a "co OC" with Cody? LOL

Kirby disrespected Chaney and paid the price. We paid a lot but in just a few years his salary will be common place. med
Fulmer a cure for BVS.

I don't expect a complete turn around in the coming season. Online needs fixing, we needs two speedy wide receivers and we need to grow some backs.

Last edited:
Some very kind words on AD Fulmer on our football program....When is he going to get off his rear end and fire Coach Harley Warlick????? That absolutely will not happen as I doubt Fulmer has the guts or the intention of doing anything except her continue to run the program into the ditch....our LV basketball program is not the laughing stock of the SEC and it will not get better either...hire Kara Lawson and we will be on the comeback.
Do you really care about women's basketball?

From the Georgia side of things, not fans but actual reporters, Smart offered Cheney a modest raise and wanted to keep up. He didn't want to keep him badly enough to "offset the harmony of the offensive pay structure" that is in place there. AKA Pittman and Coley make a lot of money and are two of the best recruiters in the nation and he didn't want to run Cheney's pay up so high he couldn't keep those guys too. So Cheney is here and almost has to make things better because no where to go buy up from the bottm, and sadly, Pittman is still there.

I work at Lee Company and I can tell you Bill is 100% genuine and a very good man. We are so proud of him, but it has been hard for us to give him up...he is very missed. 😢

I was curious about Randy Boyd... I was shocked that Bill beat him so badly in his home region. Is he a first class jerk or something? Not surprised Bill won, I just thought Boyd would do better in East TN. I think he only won 2 counties.

Glad to hear you think he will he a good president for UT!

Randy Boyd unfortunately listened to right wing political advisers who devised a nasty media campaign to defeat nutcase Diane Black who Randy did beat by 5,000 votes. No one early on was worried about Bill Lee who had he lowest name recognition. Bill Lee ran a totally first class campaign without mud slinging and defeated both Randy and Diane by a huge margin. Randy is a totally class act in reality, but the campaign was a scorched earth mess that lost middle ground voters to Bill and deservedly so. Bill Lee ran one of the best campaigns in recent history in a tough crowded Primary field. I have heard nothing but great things about him. However, UT now also has a first class premiere leader for the first time in a very long time - so it is good news on 2 fronts.

Randy Boyd unfortunately listened to right wing political advisers who devised a nasty media campaign to defeat nutcase Diane Black who Randy did beat by 5,000 votes. No one early on was worried about Bill Lee who had he lowest name recognition. Bill Lee ran a totally first class campaign without mud slinging and defeated both Randy and Diane by a huge margin. Randy is a totally class act in reality, but the campaign was a scorched earth mess that lost middle ground voters to Bill and deservedly so. Bill Lee ran one of the best campaigns in recent history in a tough crowded Primary field. I have heard nothing but great things about him. However, UT now also has a first class premiere leader for the first time in a very long time - so it is good news on 2 fronts.

That is very good to know...thanks for the info. Glad for our state to have a great man as governor and for our flagship university to have a great man as its president. We’re so proud of Bill and the campaign he ran!

Reactions: knox73
Can we at least beat Vanderbilt before claiming that PF made a great hire, please?

Can we at least beat Vanderbilt before claiming that PF made a great hire, please?

Losing to Candy should never be tolerated, but come on man, given the mess CJP inherited, and getting a couple SEC wins last year with that road win at Auburn.....that’s progress. Now it’s time to step on the gas and looks like Fulmer is filling the tank with high octane again, so rejoice brother, rejoice I say, we are on the way back up!
1547122887007.gif1547123032409.gif

Last edited:
From the Georgia side of things, not fans but actual reporters, Smart offered Cheney a modest raise and wanted to keep up. He didn't want to keep him badly enough to "offset the harmony of the offensive pay structure" that is in place there. AKA Pittman and Coley make a lot of money and are two of the best recruiters in the nation and he didn't want to run Cheney's pay up so high he couldn't keep those guys too. So Cheney is here and almost has to make things better because no where to go buy up from the bottm, and sadly, Pittman is still there.
Since when is a 33% raise a modest bump? I need to get some of that action.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
Since when is a 33% raise a modest bump? I need to get some of that action.

Lol! I know, the more they try to moderate their response the more exponential their butthurt exposure becomes.

VN Store

Back