Girls of South Carolina

lE9cgM4.jpg

View attachment 308008
Drucilla K. Barker (Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1988) is a Professor in the Department of Anthropology and the Women’s & Gender Studies Program. She is a Marxist feminist economist whose research interests are globalization, feminist political economy, and economic anthropology. Her work is interdisciplinary and ranges from examinations of the roles of gender, race and class in social valuations of labor, especially affective labor, to accounts of the financial crises that characterize late global capitalism.
I honestly thought this was a joke. How could a state university in the south employ someone who openly is a Marxist, Feminist? Then I saw how many women and gender studies staff members they have and realize there must not be any real men in SC.

I honestly thought this was a joke. How could a state university in the south employ someone who openly is a Marxist, Feminist? Then I saw how many women and gender studies staff members they have and realize there must not be any real men in SC.
College campuses, even in the south, aren't exactly conservative hotbeds. A college campus is about the only institution who would possibly employ someone like that.

Unless she never leaves her department building, can you imagine how much of a fish out of water she must feel? A Marxist feminist in Columbia, SC? lol

WTF is feminist political economy ?
"Political economy" is kind of a bull**it thing by itself - it's kind of a multi-discipline field of study that talks about the interaction between or the effect of politics and government on the economy. Then you fuse that with feminist dogma.

You know, the patriarchy controls the economy, it exploits women, etc. At the end of 4 years, they'll give you a sheet of paper that says you completed a degree in that. Cool huh?

"Political economy" is kind of a bull**it thing by itself - it's kind of a multi-discipline field of study that talks about the interaction between or the effect of politics and government on the economy. Then you fuse that with feminist dogma.

You know, the patriarchy controls the economy, it exploits women, etc. At the end of 4 years, they'll give you a sheet of paper that says you completed a degree in that. Cool huh?
Sounds exhilarating. I kind of wish you didn’t give me a real answer. 😉

Reactions: 05_never_again

VN Store

Back