This is one thread where the mass material trumps Mexico’s saltpeter. 😏
1568496955794.gif
1568497016781.gif

Reactions: malinoisvol
Trysh Travis
Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research
About Me

Areas of Interest/Research
I’m a cultural and literary historian who focuses on the United States in the 20th Century. I was trained in the historical study of popular media forms, with a focus on the gendered book cultures of mid-century America. With support from the National Endowment for the Humanities, I’m currently completing a book on this topic, entitled “Reading Matters: Books, Bookmen, and American Liberalism, 1930-1980.” A series of bizarre turns in my study of print culture have led me over the years to become interested in the history of alcohol and drug use and abuse. My book The Language of the Heart: 12-Step Recovery from AA to Oprah Winfrey (2009) is about addiction and recovery, and I blog on those topics (among others) at Points: the Blog of the Alcohol and Drugs History Society. My recent anthology Re-Thinking Therapeutic Culture (2015, co-edited with my friend Tim Aubry) extends my work on popular self-help and other “mental hygiene” movements.

Background
PhD, Yale University, American Studies, 1998
MA, Bread Loaf School of English, 1995
BA, New York University, Gallatin Division, 1987

Trysh Travis
Center for Gender, Sexualities, and Women’s Studies Research
About Me

Areas of Interest/Research
I’m a cultural and literary historian who focuses on the United States in the 20th Century. I was trained in the historical study of popular media forms, with a focus on the gendered book cultures of mid-century America. With support from the National Endowment for the Humanities, I’m currently completing a book on this topic, entitled “Reading Matters: Books, Bookmen, and American Liberalism, 1930-1980.” A series of bizarre turns in my study of print culture have led me over the years to become interested in the history of alcohol and drug use and abuse. My book The Language of the Heart: 12-Step Recovery from AA to Oprah Winfrey (2009) is about addiction and recovery, and I blog on those topics (among others) at Points: the Blog of the Alcohol and Drugs History Society. My recent anthology Re-Thinking Therapeutic Culture (2015, co-edited with my friend Tim Aubry) extends my work on popular self-help and other “mental hygiene” movements.

Background
PhD, Yale University, American Studies, 1998
MA, Bread Loaf School of English, 1995
BA, New York University, Gallatin Division, 1987
But does she like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain?

VN Store

Back