Getting another pop up

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Thanks. I’ve seen it. Trying to track it down. It’s just a bs ad not a virus. Don’t click the link, obviously.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Freak-Safari has started giving me a “deceptive website” warning when I open the recruiting forum. Any ideas?
It’s an ad popup that’s snuck into the rotation. It’s not a virus or anything to worry about. Just a nuisance. We’re trying to track it down.

chargervol

It’s an ad popup that’s snuck into the rotation. It’s not a virus or anything to worry about. Just a nuisance. We’re trying to track it down.
Hope you are able to, I can't read on here for more than 5 minutes before I have to close it down.
Unless I use a private search engine, which is a real pain because I have to login constantly

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Hope you are able to, I can't read on here for more than 5 minutes before I have to close it down.
Unless I use a private search engine, which is a real pain because I have to login constantly
I've disabled some things which should help for now. You on mobile, charger?

chargervol

If you're still seeing it now, try clearing out your temp files.
I did a few minutes ago, working better now.
Google is tricky, you have to go to Chrome and clear that history, then follow a link at the bottom of a page to a different record of your searches. For anyone else who has to deal with it, you have to clear both.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I did a few minutes ago, working better now.
Google is tricky, you have to go to Chrome and clear that history, then follow a link at the bottom of a page to a different record of your searches. For anyone else who has to deal with it, you have to clear both.
I use safari and it’s just one click. 😬

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
If you guys are still having issues, please use the thread in the help forum instead of this thread and I’ll check in there. :hi:

Notorious B.E.N

"Let's having some fun!"
Lab Rat
Lol. I don’t know. Probably nothing but I wouldn’t try it personally.

We’re still trying to track it down. These things are pesky sometimes.
I've been getting the same ad or whatever it is from other.....unreputable.....sites for years, nothing has ever happened.

VN Store

Sponsors