Georgia WR's

Wasn't Holyfield put on the field the first time by Kirby as one of his own? He's setting the NFL camps on fire, no?

Wasn't Holyfield put on the field the first time by Kirby as one of his own? He's setting the NFL camps on fire, no?
Are you really implying that Holyfield should've started over Chubb, Michel, and Swift? In his first year getting significant carries Holyfield ran for 1014 yards at 6.14 yards per carry. Kirby had 7 players drafted last year which was good for second in the SEC. I also don't want to alarm you, but Pruitt hasn't had any of his players drafted yet :eek:

Last edited:
No way Holyfield should have started over those players you mentioned. My point is Holyfield came in all world fast, big, highly rated and by the time Smart got through with developing him he was .. sort of handed the water bucket by NFL evaluators. Hey the Panthers are gonna give him a chance to be a backup, waddaya want?

Panthers sign former heavyweight boxing champ Evander Holyfield's son

No way Holyfield should have started over those players you mentioned. My point is Holyfield came in all world fast, big, highly rated and by the time Smart got through with developing him he was .. sort of handed the water bucket by NFL evaluators. Hey the Panthers are gonna give him a chance to be a backup, waddaya want?

All world? Exaggerate much? He was a mid-level 4 star whose speed was a question mark from day one along with shiftiness. Power and vision were VERY good but no way he was considered "all-world" lol.

He was a backup to Chubb, Michel and Swift when he was healthy. Holyfield was never going to start over those guys ... damn good back but "all-world"? Where do you come up with this stuff man?

Here you see the ranking indicates low to mid-level 4 star

If he would've had more than one year of success he probably gets drafted. He had a 1st and 2nd round pick ahead of him, then had one successful year. Maybe he thought Zamir White, Herrien, or James Cook were going to cut into his carries or maybe he just made a bad decision and left early. Either way, he had success with Smart, then left early. Unless you think Smart should have kidnapped him and held him hostage until the draft was over, there wasn't much he could do. He was also never fast. Check his 40 times.

VN Store

Back