Georgia Tech @ Pittsburgh

I truly don’t know how good we are. Best guess is we’re a top 20, maybe top 15 team. But our offense gives us a chance to beat almost anyone. I just don’t know how anyone can glean much from beating this Pitt team in OT and even the Florida game given their talent level and how much our defense gave up. Pumped that we’re undefeated… next weekend is huge. While LSU isn’t great, it’ll be a good road win if they can get it and would mean more to me than the Pitt win for sure, maybe Florida too (aside from the giant mental hurdle we had to get over by finally beating them).

We are as good as we are being hyped up to be. This Pitt game has no bearing on our game. They were a good team and still may end up being a good team. We have two good wins against top 25 opponents. End of story.

We are as good as we are being hyped up to be. This Pitt game has no bearing on our game. They were a good team and still may end up being a good team. We have two good wins against top 25 opponents. End of story.
Love the optimism even though I don’t share it. Will be able to tell more after the LSU game for me at least. And then need to truly compete against Bama for 60 minutes. If they do those two things, I’d say we’re a legit top 10 team. Not in that camp currently.

Reactions: stolitonic
Love the optimism even though I don’t share it. Will be able to tell more after the LSU game for me at least. And then need to truly compete against Bama for 60 minutes. If they do those two things, I’d say we’re a legit top 10 team. Not in that camp currently.
Name ten teams better than us

Reactions: VAVol85
There isn't 4 teams that can compete with Bama for 4 quarters

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Name ten teams better than us
They may be a top 10 team… I’m just saying that I can’t tell that from barely beating Pitt and holding on against Florida while giving up a zillion yards. Time will tell obviously. If Pitt beats us in OT, no one is claiming that we’re a top 10 team at 3-1… and that very easily could’ve happened. Just one play different.

A 9-3 record would probably leave us in the #12-15 area which seems right to me. Our secondary is such an Achilles heel that I think it prevents us from being a top 10 team. Just my two cents and is a testament to how incredible our offense is.

There isn't 4 teams that can compete with Bama for 4 quarters
Compete to me is stay within 10-14 of them. We haven’t done that a lot in the past 15 years. There are more than 4 teams that can do that. If we lost a 42-30 game, and it was a 1 to 2 score game for the whole game, I’d consider that notable progress.

Best I can recall we knocked out Pitt's starting qb - I don't know who was playing and not playing against GT but if you are missing your starting qb things can change dramatically. Just ask OK and a few others.

Best I can recall we knocked out Pitt's starting qb - I don't know who was playing and not playing against GT but if you are missing your starting qb things can change dramatically. Just ask OK and a few others.
But not at UT. According to some, Milton would step right in and we'd not miss a beat. He's got a great arm dontcha know!

Stat sheet says Slovis played.

This should bring us down to earth a little. We went to overtime against these guys and now they lose to one of the worse Power 5 teams in the nation.

It doesn’t matter what happens after we met Pitt. They were in the top 25 and we beat them. Same as Florida. The after results don’t make a hill of beans. We have two Top 25 wins.

I beg to differ sir.

You can put this on spin cycle which ever way you want but it’s just not a good look.

We’re going to get every teams best shot and to have a team on schedule that we went to OT with and have them lose to Tech who just fired their coach isn’t gonna look good to the committee should the argument come up. Quality wins mean more than anything and Pitt just isn’t one.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
This should bring us down to earth a little. We went to overtime against these guys and now they lose to one of the worse Power 5 teams in the nation.
If you’ve ever played a sport or coached one you would realize the dynamics of expectations and goals. Sure, teams can be over ranked, but sometimes teams play up and sometimes they play down. Their ranking can and sometimes does feed this. There are examples everywhere

If you’ve ever played a sport or coached one you would realize the dynamics of expectations and goals. Sure, teams can be over ranked, but sometimes teams play up and sometimes they play down. Their ranking can and sometimes does feed this. There are examples everywhere

I will say this, Pittsburgh has suffered a lot of injuries and look like a shell of the team that lost to Tennessee. To me, it was kind of bad coaching to throw all your effort into beating Tennessee and not focus on the ACC schedule. They should have stayed healthy and gone after ACC Coastal. The Coastal is arguably the worse division in CFB right now and Pittsburgh, even with a down year, should be able to win the division.

Reactions: tim and Jeff Clark
With OU it's playing without a defense

I still think Tennessee goes 10-2 and gets invited to either the Sugar,Orange or Citrus Bowls.

Now from a coaching/program perspective, this year has been a HUGE leap for us. I think we need to win Saturday to start thinking about 10 wins. Also the November slate is very likely to go unbeaten but we need to be careful. Look at what Missouri did to Georgia yesterday. We cannot afford to overlook Missouri, South Carolina, or Vandy. We are better than all 3 but those are not locks.

Maybe it is PTS from 2016, I don't know :).

I will say this, Pittsburgh has suffered a lot of injuries and look like a shell of the team that lost to Tennessee. To me, it was kind of bad coaching to throw all your effort into beating Tennessee and not focus on the ACC schedule. They should have stayed healthy and gone after ACC Coastal. The Coastal is arguably the worse division in CFB right now and Pittsburgh, even with a down year, should be able to win the division.

I'm not sure what you mean by throwing all your effort into beating Tennessee. Does this just settling for the L?

Pitt has a top 10 OL & DL coming into the season. They have a very good RB. They appear to be limited outside and teams are recognizing this now. I’d put the LOS against most in the SEC. Maybe there are internal issues

VN Store

Back