Georgia State's new sign

I hate that all those L's happened to us.

I also know that all those kids on those teams worked their butts off and deserve to have something to be happy about for the rest of their lives.

We just need to make damn sure that those types of things never happen to our great footVOL Team again!!!

VFL...GBO!!!

D***, we got a lot of ugly losses on our resume. Glad Heup is here now. Those will never happen under his guidance.

I dunno man, that Lamecock game last year was pretty bad. Granted, they were a superior opponent to the GA Sts and Memphis' of the world.

I mean, we should have wiped the field with them. Then you start considering what was riding on that game-playoff spot, etc. It was a huge loss and we played like we just weren't ready.

Granted, I doubt in 25 years most will remember much about that game but that's one gonna sting as long as I am walking the earth.

It was the night of a Tyson Holyfield fight I believe.

I'll take your word for it lol. I was knee deep in undergrad elsewhere.

Certainly remember the night of the fight though. Got (deservedly) tossed out on my butt at Have A Nice Day Cafe in Atlanta. Had to convince these two girls that my friend had gone to high school with them to get a ride home (we had never met them before ha ha).

Saw the score on ESPN the next morning and wondered if I had gone into some parallel universe in my drunken stupor the night before.

Reactions: VolBallGuy
I dunno man, that Lamecock game last year was pretty bad. Granted, they were a superior opponent to the GA Sts and Memphis' of the world.

I mean, we should have wiped the field with them. Then you start considering what was riding on that game-playoff spot, etc. It was a huge loss and we played like we just weren't ready.

Granted, I doubt in 25 years most will remember much about that game but that's one gonna sting as long as I am walking the earth.

It was huge as you say, and that's no exaggerating. But, USCjr had a pretty dang good season @ 8-4. When they lost, they really lost good. But, they were phenomenal against us with Brady (I mean Rattler) playing out of his mind that night. It was a bad imperfect storm for us that night. 😒

And UVa, as as noted above North Texas State, Tiger High, and Chattanooga.

Dadgummit. That Tiger High win was literally at our PINACCLE too! It's still like an impossibility. That & WY were Fulmer's glbiggest eggs layed. But, the most devastating and lingered like a cloud for 2 decades was LSU (they were pretty good tho) 2001.

Tiger High says hello. Now, maybe just a bad loss. In 1996 or whatever, it was on par with Appt St-Michigan.

I can still remember Craig James saying on the ESPN game review talking about the bad call on the kickoff return that handed Memphis a free TD. Everyone thier agreed that it was bad. But James said ... "Shut up Tennessee. You should've won that game by three TDs". He was correct. Probably the last time I ever agreed w anything in ESPN.

Reactions: stolitonic
Oh nice banner celebrating a win from 5 seasons ago. In the meantime we’ve got an orange bowl victory under our belt and are back in the national spotlight.

And they’re still Georgia State.

I witnessed the North Texas State debacle in person. I’ve not seen a lesser effort from a Vols team, nor one with as many epic embarrassments. The “North Texas State handoff” is still in the CFB boner plays highlight reel.

I'll take your word for it lol. I was knee deep in undergrad elsewhere.

Certainly remember the night of the fight though. Got (deservedly) tossed out on my butt at Have A Nice Day Cafe in Atlanta. Had to convince these two girls that my friend had gone to high school with them to get a ride home (we had never met them before ha ha).

Saw the score on ESPN the next morning and wondered if I had gone into some parallel universe in my drunken stupor the night before.
We’ve all been there

The moral of the story....don't ever schedule these types of schools. The SEC is know for scheduling out of conference "patsies", but once in a while; this type of game can happen. Best to always schedule P5 schools.

Yea, look at next year's schedule...UTSA...they are a really good team.

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back