Georgia Player Gets 45 Days In Jail

Originally posted by U-T@May 11, 2005 5:40 PM
For anyone here to think Richt should suspend this guy for a game....give me a break.

We may rail UGA all we want but if this had happened here, the player wouldn't be suspended either.

The guy is an idiot who made a stupid mistake but to suspend him for a game is a bit harsh.

I will tell you this if it was a UT player and he got 45 days in jail he would not only worry about missing games he would have to worry about his time on the UT football team.

Like it or not that is the law in Georgia and no one knows what else is on his record. But anyway you cut it a no game suspension for 45 days in jail shows a coach who would rather win at any cost including breaking the rules. All this is is FSU North, its the same disclipine rules as FSU - If it isn't armed Robbery, Rape or Murder there is no problem, unless we the coaching staff and the University get too much heat.

The media hounding UT and Fulmer for their players transgressions and not SC or Georgia is one of the biggest farces in college football. Which I no longer care to read and will not read any article written by the hacks who profess to know something about what is going on yet miss 90% of what is happening.

I
will tell you this if it was a UT player and he got 45 days in jail he would not only worry about missing games he would have to worry about his time on the UT football team.

Like it or not that is the law in Georgia and no one knows what else is on his record. But anyway you cut it a no game suspension for 45 days in jail shows a coach who would rather win at any cost including breaking the rules. All this is is FSU North, its the same disclipine rules as FSU - If it isn't armed Robbery, Rape or Murder there is no problem, unless we the coaching staff and the University get too much heat.

The media hounding UT and Fulmer for their players transgressions and not SC or Georgia is one of the biggest farces in college football. Which I no longer care to read and will not read any article written by the hacks who profess to know something about what is going on yet miss 90% of what is happening.

First of all I would agree with you if he hadn't already been disciplined for the first offense. Richt suspended him when he got arrested for the first offense. Why punish someone again for the same offense? Also I think we have been getting just as much bad press as UT it just depends on which publications you read. When This happened it was on the first page of SI and FOX sports. Richt also is not affraid to show that he disciplines star players. Like Odell Thurman last year got 3 games for an undisclosed incident. I think he has a great character and has a tract record for disciplining players appropriately. I think at time it is hard for rival fans (UGA included) to view the coaches decisions as adequate, but we dont know the whole story so its up to the coach to investigate and deliver the punishment. Do you think Phil would have acted any diffrently?

Why do they keep committing the same offense?

Yes as I stated in my previous post, the guy would have to worry about his career at UT

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@May 13, 2005 1:23 PM
Why do they keep committing the same offense?

Yes as I stated in my previous post, the guy would have to worry about his career at UT

Why does Daniel Brooks keep whoopin' up on people.

You'd think these kids could learn after one or two real screw ups.

Not!

That video clip is still hillarious! You got any of Smokey biting a Georgia player? 

I tried my best to find a video of Smokey biting anyone and the following quote is the best I could come up with

"Smokey VII proved to be a bit temperamental to be a college mascot; he was relieved of duty after biting one of the band's tuba players."

He has also been told 1 more and he's gone.

Well I am glad some limits have been set but you have to admit that a physical charge is different than a traffic violation (although it was repeated). And I meant no disrespect when I ask if you thought Phil would do the same thing it was an honest question and I honestly believe that Phil would not kick someone off the team for this.JMHO

Originally posted by Fadeproof@May 13, 2005 1:36 PM
Why punish someone again for the same offense?

:question: Ummmm because they obviously haven't learned their lesson yet?? :dunno:

I don't really understand that statement. So if you rob a bank, serve time, then do it again you shouldn't have to go back to jail? I could live with that. :p

I don't really understand that statement. So if you rob a bank, serve time, then do it again you shouldn't have to go back to jail? I could live with that. 

I agree it wasn't though out properly...what I was trying to say is that since blah...blah..blah...blah... nobody is going to listen anyway. Got suspended last year...dumb kid....happened again....will be punished but not with suspension....story over.

THE END

Originally posted by Fadeproof@May 13, 2005 4:24 PM
I agree it wasn't though out properly...what I was trying to say is that since blah...blah..blah...blah... nobody is going to listen anyway. Got suspended last year...dumb kid....happened again....will be punished but not with suspension....story over.

THE END

That's my kind of story right there. :good:

Actually, I think that serving 45 days in jail will do the trick for Swain. Nothing opens your eyes up more than having your freedom taken away. Those will be a loooonnnggg 45 days. Especially if he has to go during the summer with the heat and all. He will have lots of time to think about it and I will bet you right now that he doesn't get in anymore trouble after that.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 13, 2005 3:29 PM
Nothing opens your eyes up more than having your freedom taken away.

Again -- that is, except for meeting the Tossed Salad Man. :moon2:

VN Store

Back