Georgia may lead the nation in The Art of Choke . Agree?

I detest UGA almost as badly as UF and Bama but I'm not there. Hard for me to go after another school until we can put a respectable product on the gridiron. 1-3 is NOT respectable. Pulling for UT and GBO, but I've yet to see good football played by the Vols this season. Would LOVE to see it happen tomorrow.
If you lived in Georgia, as many here do or did, you would probably elevate them to number one. The barking and the front runnerism is hard to take.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Only if by the luck of the draw, they don't have to play Alabama. I think some of you are giving the OP a harder time than his post merits. It is completely fair to say that Georgia choked in each of their last two games vs Alabama. They had a double digit second half lead in both games and lost. I have a good friend who is a Georgia fan (originally from Loganville) and he even admits that Georgia choked and thinks that Kirby Smart coached scared in each of those games. That fake punt was asinine and a panic move in a game that was tied. It made no sense.

Too many of you are trying to counter his argument by pointing to how bad Tennessee is... but the point of his post wasn't about Tennessee. It was about Georgia.

There’s another one @GeorgiaGrad2010

More folks talk about that fake punt than anything else 😂

What’s worse getting close and not being enough or not getting close at all?

I’d rather not get close at all than getting on the doorstep just to have it slammed in my face[/QUOTE

That seems to be TNAD attitude the last dozen or so years.....

Only if by the luck of the draw, they don't have to play Alabama. I think some of you are giving the OP a harder time than his post merits. It is completely fair to say that Georgia choked in each of their last two games vs Alabama. They had a double digit second half lead in both games and lost. I have a good friend who is a Georgia fan (originally from Loganville) and he even admits that Georgia choked and thinks that Kirby Smart coached scared in each of those games. That fake punt was asinine and a panic move in a game that was tied. It made no sense.

Too many of you are trying to counter his argument by pointing to how bad Tennessee is... but the point of his post wasn't about Tennessee. It was about Georgia.
They beat them down for 118 minutes out of 120. That's just bad luck to have the top 2 QBs in the nation. If not for backup Tua they win the championship. They shut jalen down. If not for Jalen saving it the next year they go to the playoffs again. The game plan was strong they just needed to do enough to stop them instead of getting the starting QB pulled lol

We have 0 chance of beating Georgia. The only game I see Georgia losing is Auburn. Florida is overrated and they will cruise by them.

Reactions: BAMA-DAWG
I’d rather be a Vol than a Dawg any day.
And you missed the point.
What’s the different if you get close and don’t win and not having a chance at all? There isn’t one because the outcome is the same.

Would you really be happy having all that talent year after year and having nothing to show for it?

I'll say this, even after 2nd and 26, which was a real gut punch, I would still rather be where UGA is right now than, oh, i don't know,
maybe 99 other teams?

What’s the different if you get close and don’t win and not having a chance at all? There isn’t one because the outcome is the same.

Would you really be happy having all that talent year after year and having nothing to show for it?

I'll say this, even after 2nd and 26, which was a real gut punch, I would still rather be where UGA is right now than, oh, i don't know,
maybe 99 other teams?

I remember Mark Richt getting fired from Georgia because of the inability to win the big games.It is kind of ironic isn’t it.

According to the internets UGA has 13 SEC championships, same as UT, and 9 division championships, IT only has 6. So UGA has at least as much to show for the effort as UT. In fact a little more. It's gone get Uh-GLEE in Neyland saddy nite!

Peyton is all we got, and he didn't win a NC tho.......
What the hell was this? And somebody gave it a like? If there is one post in this thread that should be getting killed... it's this one. Peyton is all we got? One of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen in the football forum.

What’s worse getting close and not being enough or not getting close at all?

I’d rather not get close at all than getting on the doorstep just to have it slammed in my face

You can't teach this kind of "stuff", have to be born with it.

According to the internets UGA has 13 SEC championships, same as UT, and 9 division championships, IT only has 6. So UGA has at least as much to show for the effort as UT. In fact a little more. It's gone get Uh-GLEE in Neyland saddy nite!
The all time series is also tied 23-23-2. At least for one more day, it is the closest all time series in the SEC with at least 45 games played. Each team has had a lengthy winning streak. You are slightly off on your SEC East Division Championship totals, however. Georgia has won the SEC East 7 times (2002, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2017 and 2018) and Tennessee has won it 5 times (1997, 1998, 2001, 2004 and 2007).

The all time series is also tied 23-23-2. At least for one more day, it is the closest all time series in the SEC with at least 45 games played. Each team has had a lengthy winning streak. You are slightly off on your SEC East Division Championship totals, however. Georgia has won the SEC East 7 times (2002, 2003, 2005, 2011, 2012, 2017 and 2018) and Tennessee has won it 5 times (1997, 1998, 2001, 2004 and 2007).

It's embarrassing to be tied with UGA.

Attachments

• giphy (5).gif
    giphy (5).gif
    705.7 KB · Views: 6
It's embarrassing to be tied with UGA.
Historically speaking, Georgia is a good but not great program. We didn't start playing them annually until 1992. The series being tied is more of a function of how excruciatingly poor we have been since 2005... but even since then, we have gotten some pretty good licks in. I still haven't forgotten what Kiffin's team did to them.

I think a miracle is needed to win this game, part of me wants to believe there is a chance but I know better. Honestly, I would settle just for the same excitement of the 2015 OU game and keeping it close!

Historically speaking, Georgia is a good but not great program. We didn't start playing them annually until 1992. The series being tied is more of a function of how excruciatingly poor we have been since 2005... but even since then, we have gotten some pretty good licks in. I still haven't forgotten what Kiffin's team did to them.

06, 07, and 09 were pretty good beat downs.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I was just making a point that we were talking about UGA’s short comings for the past 40 years. While we do suck, it’s better to be at 20 years w/o a National Title than 40. That’s one thing that needles the Dawg fans more than anything. Tennessee, Florida, Bama, LSU, Auburn, Clemson have all won titles more recently. And until they get over that hump they can KMA and stew in it.
You really wanna needle a Georgia fan? Remind them that Georgia Tech has a more recent title than they do.

Georgia is, without question, the most underachieving football program in the country since 1980. It isn't even just the football program - their entire athletic department underachieves (why they don't also have great basketball and baseball programs is beyond me).

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I think a miracle is needed to win this game, part of me wants to believe there is a chance but I know better. Honestly, I would settle just for the same excitement of the 2015 OU game and keeping it close!
It's not in the cards for this year's team... I just hope we keep it close with Vanderbilt.

Reactions: EODVOL

VN Store

Back