Georgia Line

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Opened at 11.5 and it's already up to 12.5

With these two teams history you have got to know its going to be a much closer game that this.

No, I don't think it will be, Fade. Georgia really looks tough. 12.5 is about right.

if we play the same way we did against Auburn it will be worse... but I believe the Vols will be better prepered next week :cross:

I don't know this game will be decided in the trenches. Whomever controls the lines wins the game. End of story.

Let me elaborate on the previous reply. The reason I say this is the VOLs will review the tape of UGA's first 4 games and see the succes teams have had with 2 deep zones and try to implement a defensive stragegy to cut down on the deep ball threat, this will do two things 1)force UGA ro run the ball 2)eat up the clock. On other side of the ball the I think the VOLs will take the ball out of the two young QBs hand to try and cutdown on turnovers and run the ball and try to setup play action later in the game this will do 2 things 1)keep the ball out of UGA's hands 2)eat up the clock. Prediction

UGA 20
UT 14

No doubt the line of scrimmage is the key (as always). Hopefully, for starters, the Vols can put the line of scrimmage in better field position by actually moving the ball early and not getting punts blocked. Second, I don't think the Dogs' O-line is as good as Auburn's. Vols must stop the run and must penetrate. We made Campbell look like Joe Montana back there.

This game (like most) will be decided by which team makes the fewest mistakes. If you look at the stats UT should have been a lot closer against AU. Many may not realize this but

AU had less that 150 yard rushing
AU had just over 250 passing at 252
AU only sacked our young guns 1 time

Our young guns turned the ball over 6 times. Ball game!

Now if we turn the ball over 3 times against GA they will hang 50 or more on us. GA is better than AU and we better be ready. I am really looking forward to this game. I want to see how our guys rebound to see what kind of metal they are made of.

VN Store

Back