Georgia HC Scott Stricklin

If Condon goes to LSU or arky I'll puke
One thing that I really dislike about NIL is the fact that the transfer portal has become a “let’s rent a player” where often the highest bidder secures the services of a mercenary stud who makes bank while the new teammates are struggling to pay their rent.

One thing that I really dislike about NIL is the fact that the transfer portal has become a “let’s rent a player” where often the highest bidder secures the services of a mercenary stud who makes bank while the new teammates are struggling to pay their rent.

Yup...that part is true.

Then when your hired gun, like Tommy Tanks, decides to be a bonehead and can't play. And, you lose....and are sitting outside your RV for all of Saturday / Sunday

The transfer portal disguised as “NIL for rent a players“, and playing neutral site football games off campus in NFL stadiums will do more harm to college athletics in the long run. The closer the college game gets to professional sports makes it unappealing to many fans.

Yup...that part is true.

Then when your hired gun, like Tommy Tanks, decides to be a bonehead and can't play. And, you lose....and are sitting outside your RV for all of Saturday / Sunday
Tommy White comes across as a “look at me” it’s all about me type of guy. I could be wrong but don’t think he would be a good “team guy“.

Unfortunately it's the new reality. It has added a layer of challenges for a head coach to navigate. Hard to add a guy and pay him and not upset some on the current roster. Maybe if you have enough of the types who have it motivate them to work harder and be better, you can see it toughening a roster. Hard to imagine we could fill our roster with those types exclusively so there will be challenges. Really hard to know what's inside a kid when recruiting him. Never can know how a prospect will respond to adversity until they face it. As much as I hate to say it, I question our current lineups toughness and edge. Not all of them, but more than I'm comfortable with. One thing is certain....Tony V will be earning his prodigious salary in these new NIL waters. Having said that, go get Condon. Anything that hurts UGA is at the top of my wish list.

he could hit 30 here… and be a lot closer to home.

Never understand how Ga cannot be THE power in college baseball. The talent thru East Cobb alone should take care of that.
yep just head north and no ATL traffic

he could hit 30 here… and be a lot closer to home.

Never understand how Ga cannot be THE power in college baseball. The talent thru East Cobb alone should take care of that.
It’s a little different as of late, PBR took over LakePoint Sports Complex where most of the games are played, yes East Cobb still hosts games as well as all the area High Schools an hour around Atlanta.

LakePoint is +/- 2 hours from Athens, Knoxville, and Auburn.

Years ago, I had a college coach tell me they would have no more than one East Cobb Astro (the premier team) on their roster as their attitude wasn’t the greatest…….of course he was being a little facetious however you probably understand what I’m saying regarding the chemistry they bring to a team.

VN Store

Back