Georgia Game, Neyland Stadium Shadows

Not to mention we were about 9 feet from the sun! That's the largest stadium (footprint wise) I've ever been in.

What a time for a 4+ hour game! I felt concern for the players and felt Bootch should of went for the win at the end of regulation just for the health of the players.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I think I'm interpreting this correctly. Too many fat people on the benches. My problem is tall people. I seem to always have one tall person standing and refusing to sit down. I had this view a couple of seasons ago.

View attachment 206987

The guy wouldn't sit down, even during time outs and injuries - just stood there looking at his phone. My view of the UT bench and most of the field was blocked unless I stood, which made me do the same thing to the people behind he that he was doing. Yes, I confronted him, even showed him this picture. Fortunately, there were enough empty seats in the lower bowl, that I just got up and moved.

Now I can stand the whole game. I'm on the back row and can lean against the wall, plus there is an overhang that appears it will keep the rain off.
View attachment 206988
View attachment 206989

But, I'll need sunscreen...

Yes, you understood me perfectly. I suspect my now corrected (?) post was due to hurrying on account of being wife-pestered at the time. Anyway, I hear you (and see as well), for me it was being squeezed out of my seat by Jabba the Hutt creatures. Oddly, I wouldn't really feel peeved even with that except for the smug and mocking behavior of said Hutt slugs. I've been squeezed on planes too and usually, they apologize for the inconvenience. Class, man, all class. But the things at UT games, not so much. Yeah, I've had stand-uppers too. I usually do what you did despite being tempted to shove them forward. But that would only endanger people below them. Sadly, the classless, inconsiderate bipedal cetaceans are my primary reason for foregoing live attendance henceforth. At least unless and until they install chairs rather than benches.

Anyone recall when the team switched sides(ie. from west to east) initially? My first game at Neyland was the 1969 Auburn contest and I distinctly remember Auburn in their blue mesh jerseys directly in front of D section. If my failing memory serves me right, wasn't there a "Florida rule" instituted in the late 80's by the SEC that moved the home team in front of the home student section due to projectiles being thrown on the field by the opposing students behind the visiting team?

Anyone recall when the team switched sides(ie. from west to east) initially? My first game at Neyland was the 1969 Auburn contest and I distinctly remember Auburn in their blue mesh jerseys directly in front of D section. If my failing memory serves me right, wasn't there a "Florida rule" instituted in the late 80's by the SEC that moved the home team in front of the home student section due to projectiles being thrown on the field by the opposing students behind the visiting team?

You are correct. SEC made visitors benches not be on the same sideline as the students for several yrs because of the complaints about Florida. Tennessee changed sidelines for several Fulmer yrs but was able to change back to the shade side under Doofus when the SEC office eased the seating requirement for students on sideline of the opponent.

VN Store

Back