Georgia fans blaming Chaney after loss to Texas

It won’t be long before they say Kirby is just a younger Richt.

Both can recruit
Both can win
Neither can get over the hump.

Fromm is like JG in the passing game. He only throws to sidelines or to the wideouts. And I know this cause Chryst threw a td to Byrd. Fromm and Chafey are both probably responsible but I don’t think it was because they didn’t run enough. Their tightend(gnatta) was never involved in the passing game this year, I think Mecole was the most dynamic guy in the game and they just never seemed to get their slots and tight ends enough touches.

Fromm is like JG in the passing game. He only throws to sidelines or to the wideouts. And I know this cause Chryst threw a td to Byrd. Fromm and Chafey are both probably responsible but I don’t think it was because they didn’t run enough. Their tightend(gnatta) was never involved in the passing game this year, I think Mecole was the most dynamic guy in the game and they just never seemed to get their slots and tight ends enough touches.
Ya Isaac Nauta was only used to torch kid got all his stats against us big time talent wasted imo

He probably can’t wait to get to the nfl that’s why he gone

Been watching Georgia fans react on social media and it looks like a lot of them are blaming Chaney for the loss.
It is obvious to me that Chaney isn't the problem. His offense scored 40+ a game at Tennessee in 2012. The problem is Kirby. He wants to play old school smash mouth football like Pruitt. That doesn't work anymore. I hope Pruitt learns and innovates the offense and Georgia keeps doing more of the same.

and Chaney does not coach the defense does he? how many points did Texas score?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I think Chaney called a decent game. Texas forced Fromm to step up and be a stellar qb and he didn't. I think that game was lost in execution of the plays. But just my dumb opinion.
Somewhat agree. Chaney didn’t fumble twice, have the punter basically take a knee of which that cost UGA 10 points, lost by 7. Chaney didn’t miss blocks, or miss wide open guys down the field. So, no Chaney didn’t cost them the game, players have to execute and want it more.

That said, Chaney didn’t adjust, at all. With the Tx defensive fronts, Chaney not once changed OL protection assignments, didn’t adjust the play calling, easiest pitch and catch is when another team blitzes. Run a slant and it’s open all game. Very few slants even tho that is all Tx was doing, bunching the middle, second level was open all day, very few calls there. Also, RB screens/toss sweeps are great against blitz, didn’t see those either so Chaney is not without blame nor the other coaches or players.

Been watching Georgia fans react on social media and it looks like a lot of them are blaming Chaney for the loss.
It is obvious to me that Chaney isn't the problem. His offense scored 40+ a game at Tennessee in 2012. The problem is Kirby. He wants to play old school smash mouth football like Pruitt. That doesn't work anymore. I hope Pruitt learns and innovates the offense and Georgia keeps doing more of the same.
After watching the game I'm not sure what Chaney had to do with the horrible passing by Fromm or Swift fumbling.

I don’t think it was the OC that caused the loss, I think was the players thinking that all they had to do to win was show up

Reactions: joevol33
I just got through texting a few die hard dawg fans about this and the rumors of him leaving. They want him gone, swear he's what the problem is.

I remember when GreysonDawg tried to educate Vols fans who’d watched his work when Smart hired him. Wonder if his narrative changed? 😏

Dawg fans dumb like vol fans

Some fans yes, but far from the majority from what I have seen. I think Chaney did a decent job, the players didn't execute.

The philosophy certainly works. They were a play away from winning a natty the year before with it. However, I will agree Cheney wasn’t the issue for the sugar bowl. Whether or not UGA’s players wanted to be there, it’s up to the coach to get them ready to play, so that ultimately falls on Smart. While it’s not a good look, #5 teams are 1-4 in bowl games since the playoffs and even saban has had let down bowl games.

GA fans gonna blame the OC instead of the chosen one, Kirby. And while its tough coming back from a loss like in the SECCG, facts are GA wasnt ready to play and that is the head man's job.

Reactions: Atlanta917
GA fans gonna blame the OC instead of the chosen one, Kirby. And while its tough coming back from a loss like in the SECCG, facts are GA wasnt ready to play and that is the head man's job.
Yep... They lost before kickoff.

Our fans also complained about Chaney being too pass happy and not running enough when he was here.

We’d still take him in a heartbeat.
I was one of those fans screeching that at the time. In hindsight, it is obvious he had an offensive line that couldn't run block. Throw in the fact he had a QB with a great arm and good WRs, he should have been throwing it a lot. I think he's run a really balanced offense at Georgia.

VN Store

Back