Georgia dismisses another projected starter

Separately, does anyone else find it inconsistent that our Gator friend known as "Jaws" said in his first post to this thread that "Kirby has lost control", but is now ecstatic over the Gators picking up that same player that Kirby just let go ?

I wouldn’t describe myself as “ecstatic,” I’m very surprised. I’ll reserve “ecstatic” for when he starts helping UF win games, which will likely be next year at the earliest. Besides, assuming I am ecstatic, how are they inconsistent? My point was, Kirby has lost control because he has lost yet another very highly rated player. How does that mean I can’t be pleased if the highly rated player then ends up at UF?

I wouldn’t describe myself as “ecstatic,” I’m very surprised. I’ll reserve “ecstatic” for when he starts helping UF win games, which will likely be next year at the earliest. Besides, assuming I am ecstatic, how are they inconsistent? My point was, Kirby has lost control because he has lost yet another very highly rated player. How does that mean I can’t be pleased if the highly rated player then ends up at UF?
I interpreted the "losing control" remark as your suggesting that Kirby Smart has recruited troubled and/or undisciplined players to Georgia. It would be inconsistent to criticize Smart for Cox's problems but then take pride in Florida for landing Cox as a transfer.

Reactions: Atlanta917
I interpreted the "losing control" remark as your suggesting that Kirby Smart has recruited troubled and/or undisciplined players to Georgia. It would be inconsistent to criticize Smart for Cox's problems but then take pride in Florida for landing Cox as a transfer.

No, even I’m smart enough to know that I very much live in a glass house with regard to undisciplined players.

Mullen is squeaky clean, he had to be, he took over a program not far removed from Jackie freaking Sherrill. As bad as it got between Ole Miss and Miss State, if Mullen had been doing anything wrong it would have been found out.
No one is squeaky clean. Pruitt, Saban. No one

Reactions: BUBear
They averaged 8 under Richt, 3 under Kirby. As we’ve said, they’ve always recruited well.

And it should be noted, that #1 2018 class for Kirby has been decimated. They’ve lost 6 of the top 15 players from that class. If you could recalibrate that, it would be well outside the top 10.
Actually, still would be #1 at around 310 points. OSU has had attrition as well.

Mullen is squeaky clean, he had to be, he took over a program not far removed from Jackie freaking Sherrill. As bad as it got between Ole Miss and Miss State, if Mullen had been doing anything wrong it would have been found out.
Eh, I dunno about that. If the price was right, it sounded like Cam would have gone to Miss St. It's an established and admitted fact, not conjecture, that his dad talked to Miss St boosters.

VN Store

Back