Georgia dismisses another projected starter

lol wtf are you talking about? I asked you a question and then you didn't answer and chose to answer with a different question. I didn't ask you as a test. I asked you to find out who they were. Relax buddy. Its very clear to me that we won't find any common ground. Lets just agree to disagree at this point. Cheers
He’s a bammer with a massive EGO. He can’t be wrong. He’s here to tell us that Tua is the greatest QB of all time and Fromm is a hack, don’t you get it Bulldog?

Reactions: Atlanta917
Why has Oklahoma had that problem with their defense for years? It isn't limited to one set of players, or one DC, or one particular season. In the Stoops/Riley has Oklahoma ever had what you'd call a shutdown, elite defense? It's curious because Stoops was a defensive guy. Some years are better than others, but I can't remember a year where they had a nationally dominant one. The 2000 national title year maybe?

I even thought Brent Venables, who's now thought as maybe the best DC in the country, had inconsistent defenses that oftentimes didn't play as well as their athleticism or recruiting rankings would indicate.

A year ago, I didn't think their DC, Stoops, was very good at his job. In spite of Bob's credentials. But you are going to give up defense for the quick strick offense you want to run. I believe you can put 4 All-American defensive linemen out there and if you hang them out to dry all season, they will give it up in the 4th quarter and at the end of the season. I read somewhere that the Big 12 hardly has had a defensive player go in the 1st round in a while. I also don't believe Oklahoma has been as diligent putting a premium on defensive talent as offensive guys. Sacrilegious thinking in the SEC as you know.

Clemson runs a lot of the quick-strike stuff I just mentioned. Alabama screwed it up by the numbers last season with their HUNH and our defensive guys just didn't have the numbers to keep the tradition up Statistically, Alabama's defense was the worst since 2007. That was eventually our biggest problem. I honestly believe we are rethinking some of this stuff as we speak.

He’s a bammer with a massive EGO. He can’t be wrong. He’s here to tell us that Tua is the greatest QB of all time and Fromm is a hack, don’t you get it Bulldog?

If that's your personal definition of a game manager than Fromm is a hack. Do you realize the Tennessee game was one of those teams that required us to take Tua out in the 3rd quarter? So much for seeing is believing.

Do you realize you’re an egomaniac?
Bama fans are the only fans I've met that refuse to give credit to players that don't play for Bama. As a UGA fan I have no problem saying Trey Smith is a monster or that Pruitt has every bit the potential that Smart has. I have no problem saying Saban is the GOAT and that Bama has multiple WR's with 1st round talent. For some reason Bama fans just can't do that. Off topic, but where is Trey Smith at with his blood clot issue? Any chance he sees the field this year?

Reactions: CaliVol2009
Bama fans are the only fans I've met that refuse to give credit to players that don't play for Bama. As a UGA fan I have no problem saying Trey Smith is a monster or that Pruitt has every bit the potential that Smart has. I have no problem saying Saban is the GOAT and that Bama has multiple WR's with 1st round talent. For some reason Bama fans just can't do that. Off topic, but where is Trey Smith at with his blood clot issue? Any chance he sees the field this year?
That's being kind, even kinder than most Vol fans.

As for Trey, I'd be stunned if he plays. Found the clots before last season started, went on blood thinners. Blood thinners got rid of the clots, but he had to come off them to play. They came back. If he's in a situation where he'll have to take them regularly to prevent clots, he can't and shouldn't play. It's truly a shame because he can be a first round pick.

That's being kind, even kinder than most Vol fans.

As for Trey, I'd be stunned if he plays. Found the clots before last season started, went on blood thinners. Blood thinners got rid of the clots, but he had to come off them to play. They came back. If he's in a situation where he'll have to take them regularly to prevent clots, he can't and shouldn't play. It's truly a shame because he can be a first round pick.
Imo UT's main issue with Pruitt will be whether or not Bama tries to hire him away. Smart and Pruitt have the same strengths and weaknesses. Both great defensive minds and elite recruiters. Both will most likely need the right OC hire to get them over the hump after they get their talent in place.

Hate it when medical issues cut a kid's career short. Trey Smith had top 10 pick written all over him. Hopefully he makes the best out of the situation. Even if he has to quit, he'll still get a degree.

Imo UT's main issue with Pruitt will be whether or not Bama tries to hire him away. Smart and Pruitt have the same strengths and weaknesses. Both great defensive minds and elite recruiters. Both will most likely need the right OC hire to get them over the hump after they get their talent in place.

Hate it when medical issues cut a kid's career short. Trey Smith had top 10 pick written all over him. Hopefully he makes the best out of the situation. Even if he has to quit, he'll still get a degree.
Bammers might have a soft spot for him but I don't think they'd seriously consider him unless he has a Kirby-esque (or better) performance at Tennessee. Say Saban retires in 3-4 years. If Pruitt is still at Tennessee and the best he's done is 8 wins or something like that (which seems much more than likely), I don't think they're interested. At this point, they'll only consider a guy who has won hardware of some sort as worthy enough to coach there.

Bammers might have a soft spot for him but I don't think they'd seriously consider him unless he has a Kirby-esque (or better) performance at Tennessee. Say Saban retires in 3-4 years. If Pruitt is still at Tennessee and the best he's done is 8 wins or something like that (which seems much more than likely), I don't think they're interested. At this point, they'll only consider a guy who has won hardware of some sort as worthy enough to coach there.
Not a lot of NC coaches out there. Fisher is getting big bucks at atm, Dabo isn't leaving Clemson, and I doubt they hire Urban. It's undeniably a top job, but following Saban won't be fun. I also think Pruitt is contending for the East in 2-3 years or so. Not too familiar with UT's current roster, but I know Pruitt is an elite recruiter. If Pruitt shows improvement this year UT will stop being another hat on the table and start winning those recruiting battles.

Not a lot of NC coaches out there. Fisher is getting big bucks at atm, Dabo isn't leaving Clemson, and I doubt they hire Urban. It's undeniably a top job, but following Saban won't be fun. I also think Pruitt is contending for the East in 2-3 years or so. Not too familiar with UT's current roster, but I know Pruitt is an elite recruiter. If Pruitt shows improvement this year UT will stop being another hat on the table and start winning those recruiting battles.
Jimbo's "only" making $7.5m at A&M (Alabama would offer $11m+). They'll target him, and he'd at the very least consider leaving. I'd target Lincoln Riley as well. Dabo is going nowhere, Kirby is going nowhere, and agree they won't consider Urban. Muschamp pops up at 6/1 on the Vegas odds, but he hasn't won enough.

Perhaps Mark Dantonio? Michigan St hasn't been as good over the last 3 seasons but he has won two outright Big 10 titles and appeared in the playoff in recent history.

I think this one is called "Around the NCAA" not "THIS IS THE UT BOARD"

Wouldn’t it be one helluva twist in this whole story if Cox ended up at Florida? Mullen and Kirby are already developing quite a rivalry, Cox becoming a Gator would take it to another level.

I’m hearing rumors. 👀

Wouldn’t it be one helluva twist in this whole story if Cox ended up at Florida? Mullen and Kirby are already developing quite a rivalry, Cox becoming a Gator would take it to another level.

I’m hearing rumors. 👀
I'm hearing Cox to UF will be made official at some point today.

Reactions: Jaws

I’m hearing rumors. 👀

Not sure what that says about Florida, when Florida is picking up the flaming trash from UGA's can and putting it in their own. Dismissals don't come easy in the SEC. There is a reason.

While it is unknown if he will see the field, it is clearly the intent. Right now he is practicing, apparently full contact as of the last practice. That means he has to be off of the thinners. I think they are going to play him and monitor closely. Between Wanya Morris at left tackle and Trey Smith at left guard, the left side is going to be ugly.

Considering the fact that Pruitt just stole Kirby's OC (Jim Chaney, who is one of the best in the business) out from under him - that should tell you where things are going.

Not sure what that says about Florida, when Florida is picking up the flaming trash from UGA's can and putting it in their own. Dismissals don't come easy in the SEC. There is a reason.

But wait, y’all spent the whole offseason yelling about Florida being in disarray for losing 5-star Chris Steele to the transfer portal, who never played a down at UF. But when UF picks up another 5-star who played extensively as a true Freshman, well then all the sudden that’s a dude off the “trash heap.”

Can’t have it both ways.

But wait, y’all spent the whole offseason yelling about Florida being in disarray for losing 5-star Chris Steele to the transfer portal, who never played a down at UF. But when UF picks up another 5-star who played extensively as a true Freshman, well then all the sudden that’s a dude off the “trash heap.”

Can’t have it both ways.
No one is denying Cox has talent. The question is his motor. During his recruitment it wasn’t a secret he’d take plays off. UGA played a ton of freshman last year on defense and Cox never did much. He got a start after D’Andre Walker got injured and was the one who didn’t set the edge on Jalen Hurts winning touchdown run. In fact, he got a in a fight with Walker during the MTSU game because of his inability to set the edge. He then got mad this offseason he was passed up on the depth chart and was taking 3rd team reps. I don’t put too much stock in 1 marijuana arrest, but his work ethic is a red flag. I don’t know too much about UF’s roster, but if UF doesn’t need him and is just rolling the dice then I like the move. If they’re counting on him due to lack of depth then it’s a high risk high reward type deal. Hopefully he turns it around and is successful.

While it is unknown if he will see the field, it is clearly the intent. Right now he is practicing, apparently full contact as of the last practice. That means he has to be off of the thinners. I think they are going to play him and monitor closely. Between Wanya Morris at left tackle and Trey Smith at left guard, the left side is going to be ugly.

Considering the fact that Pruitt just stole Kirby's OC (Jim Chaney, who is one of the best in the business) out from under him - that should tell you where things are going.
I think Chaney is one of the best in the business at game planning, but he’s struggled to deal with in game adjustments. Bama out schemed him twice in the second half and LSU never let him get into a rhythm. He’s shown he can get results with talent and luckily Pruitt is a coach that can get said talent on the field. Imo Smart and Pruitt will need an elite OC or elite QB to beat Saban. Once Saban leaves Bama that could change, but as long as he’s there both will need an OC that can adjust to in-game moves by Saban.

The larger issue developing is this rivalry between Kirby and Mullen. The catalyst for the rising tension was the Charlton Warren/Kaiir Elam recruitment.

Charlton Warren was on UF’s staff as DB coach. He was Kair Elam’s primary recruiter. DB Elam was on his official visit to UF when word leaked that Warren would be leaving to take the DB coach job at UGA, thus sabotaging (in Florida’s mind), Elam’s visit. Matters were made worse when Warren denied his interest in UGA to Mullen and UF’s players. A week later, Elam is visiting UGA, and sure enough, Warren leaves UF and takes job at UGA while Elam was on his visit there. So if you’re keeping score on who played who, advantage Kirby. Until Elam actually signed with Florida, then advantage Mullen. Other incidents include Mullen taking a shot at UGA with the spring attendance number which happened to be the number of days since UGA has won a national title, and of course several heated recruiting battles between the two, which Kirby has won most, but not all. Mullen has pulled dudes out of Georgia that Kirby wanted and Kirby has certainly pulled dudes out of Florida that Mullen wanted. Kirby also has this thing where he had a few kids who were known locks to UGA, act as if they were also considering UF, and then of course they choose UGA, making UF look like they lost out. Smart moves by Kirby and advantage Kirby. And now this, Cox transfers from Georgia and appears to be Florida-bound, advantage Mullen.

If this rivalry needed a spark, it’s getting an inferno.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliVol2009
No one is denying Cox has talent. The question is his motor. During his recruitment it wasn’t a secret he’d take plays off. UGA played a ton of freshman last year on defense and Cox never did much. He got a start after D’Andre Walker got injured and was the one who didn’t set the edge on Jalen Hurts winning touchdown run. In fact, he got a in a fight with Walker during the MTSU game because of his inability to set the edge. He then got mad this offseason he was passed up on the depth chart and was taking 3rd team reps. I don’t put too much stock in 1 marijuana arrest, but his work ethic is a red flag. I don’t know too much about UF’s roster, but if UF doesn’t need him and is just rolling the dice then I like the move. If they’re counting on him due to lack of depth then it’s a high risk high reward type deal. Hopefully he turns it around and is successful.

Fair enough, but I trust UF’s coaches in getting the motor situation and work ethic fixed.

I think Chaney is one of the best in the business at game planning, but he’s struggled to deal with in game adjustments. Bama out schemed him twice in the second half and LSU never let him get into a rhythm. He’s shown he can get results with talent and luckily Pruitt is a coach that can get said talent on the field. Imo Smart and Pruitt will need an elite OC or elite QB to beat Saban. Once Saban leaves Bama that could change, but as long as he’s there both will need an OC that can adjust to in-game moves by Saban.

Mind you, the DC that was giving Chaney fits is now his HC so hopefully that will help. Sadly, as long as Saban is at Bama, they will keep recruiting and training deep deep talent and all teams will have trouble overcoming them, no matter who is OC. A fantastic QB could change the equation tho. I think once Pruitt has enough time to really get the talent in here to 3-4 deep and train them up, we will have a good shot at shaking the bubba's tree but will still take some luck.

It’s official, Brenton Cox to Florida, UF is even pushing for immediate eligibility which would surprise the hell out of me if granted.

An unbelievable plot twist, I never expected Cox to become a Gator. Wow.

VN Store

Back