Georgia could lose almost the whole D

Georgia could lose almost their whole D and the drop off would be minimal if any impact. Dreamers might see it another way...
They played the second half with a walk-on at safety that was faster than Tennessee's safeties. A WALK-ON!

There will be a noticeable impact on the defense IMO. The DL will still be good, but not quite as athletic next year. It's hard to find big guys who can move like Travon Walker, Wyatt, Davis and Anderson. Losing Nakobe Dean will hurt because he's a smart guy as well as a great player, so I expect overall LB'er play to be a step down. In 2021, the secondary has been an ongoing train wreck because of attrition/injuries, so the 2022 version could possibly be an improvement if they can avoid the same problem. I'd like to see Cine and Chris Smith stay but that probably won't happen, so they'll need several new guys to step up.

On the plus side, the offense could be as good or better unless they get hit too hard by injuries and transfers, so hopefully that will take some pressure off the defense early in the season.

UGA will undoubtedly be worse on defense in 2022. Losing nearly their entire starting defense and their DC.

Obviously, they still have elite talent to step up, but this defense was one of the best they've ever had statistically.

One of the best anyone's ever had. Even so they are going to get used again the way Pruitt would use a nice big cornbread, or Jason Biggs would use an apple pie.

One of the best anyone's ever had. Even so they are going to get used again the way Pruitt would use a nice big cornbread, or Jason Biggs would use an apple pie.
I don't think Alabama will repeat what they did a few weeks ago. They may win, but they'll be in a battle this time..

I just really wish Princeton Fant had executed his block and so we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
Yes they’ll have growing pains and trying to put it together as a UNIT.! Bama had this same issue and there will be some drop off. We will definitely be a better offense ! Year 2”

There will be a noticeable impact on the defense IMO. The DL will still be good, but not quite as athletic next year. It's hard to find big guys who can move like Travon Walker, Wyatt, Davis and Anderson. Losing Nakobe Dean will hurt because he's a smart guy as well as a great player, so I expect overall LB'er play to be a step down. In 2021, the secondary has been an ongoing train wreck because of attrition/injuries, so the 2022 version could possibly be an improvement if they can avoid the same problem. I'd like to see Cine and Chris Smith stay but that probably won't happen, so they'll need several new guys to step up.

On the plus side, the offense could be as good or better unless they get hit too hard by injuries and transfers, so hopefully that will take some pressure off the defense early in the season.

Wanna swap defensive rosters?

Alabama is going to beat them again!
I may be wrong but I agree. This whole thing IMO has set up perfectly for the way Saban loves to approach things. And he’s at it again. Bama’s defense looked improved as well. Granted they were playing IMO apples and oranges type game but still. So, until Georgia does it…they still haven’t.

Wanna swap defensive rosters?

I wouldn't go that far. You guys have some things to fix for sure. I don't think your defensive problems are insurmountable though for 2022. IMO just shoring up the DL would go a long way toward making your LB and secondary problems seem less severe.

Next year UGA's seniors will have been the #2 recruiting class, it's juniors #1, it's sophomores #4 and it's freshmen #3 (currently). They will be fine. Kirby can coach defense, and they will be good on defense as long as he is there. They lost Mel Tucker as DC a couple of years ago and didn't miss a beat. Their offense is more likely to be their weakness.

We really need their 4/5 stars to not pan out like ours seem to consistently do

They play 22 players on D…I don’t see them taking a big step back. I think we have a much better chance next year with the experience we return on offense, but their recruiting will keep them from taking too big of a step down

BigOrangeMojo and Volpack22,You guys need to whimper back to your basements and polish your participation trophies and just automatically take the losses without bothering to play the damn game.What a load of wooses live on the nation now.If the sun is out,these babies can go outside of they have SPF 800 on their Lilly covered arms.Keep holding mama's skirt hem and you'll be all safe!

They're recruiting and getting the best players money can buy, every year. They just reload like Bama anymore.
Everyone is in the same boat now. If UT is serious about competing for championships, all they have to do is get someone, outside the athletic department, to develop a solid NIL program. There's no excuses anymore about other teams buying players. It's in plain site and all you have to do is participate.

Am I crazy, or will they take a huge step back next year? I know their recruiting is sick, but they could potentially/likely lose their entire d-line and LB corps and most of their starting secondary to the draft and graduation. Its realistic that they have to replace all 11. There has to be some sort of transition period to lose that much talent and experience. Their O is stable, but not necessarily intimidating.

We certainly have our own issues to work out and I am NOT predicting win, but could we sneak out a win with most of our offensive players returning? Obviously it would have to be a shootout given our horrendous D.

Flame away.
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgia almost has as many 5* players as UT has 4* players. They can lose their entire starting-11 and still out-talent us significantly. Their 3rd String is likely around where our 1st String is.

We need to beat Florida and make statements against Kentucky, South Carolina and other mid-level teams in the East before we can even dream about taking on Georgia or Bama.

Go ahead and mark UGA/Bama games as automatic losses for 2022 and 2023.

VN Store

Back