George Mason hiring Kim English

I’m curious if they look at Bobby Maze, I wouldn’t think so as that seems a bit unlike Barnes to do, but would obviously put us in a great spot with a bunch of dudes real quick. I also have no clue of Maze is interested in coaching at the college level, just a thought that’s crossed my mind.

Jai Lucas could be someone...played for Barnes, hired as support staff by Barnes and then stayed at Texas under Shaka, Calipari and Kentucky hired him this year as an official assistant coach, moving Tony Barbee to a support role.
Now that is an idea regarding Maze. Could possibly work out well, especially with recruiting. Obviously a lot of question marks, but off the bat, I wouldn't be opposed personally.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Now that is an idea regarding Maze. Could possibly work out well, especially with recruiting. Obviously a lot of question marks, but off the bat, I wouldn't be opposed personally.

I wonder if Barnes might look at Aaron Green, another ex Vol coaching at Oak Ridge. He or Maze would be out of the box hires but they could bring some new ideas into the offensive system as well as tapping into some future prospects.

I’d rather keep Maze as our long term AAU pipeline.
GBO!!

Reactions: RAVOL
VQ says Xavier’s Jonas Hayes is a name to watch
He’s credited with the development of Yante Maten 🤩
Jarvis Hayes is his brother. Both played at UGA. Jonas coaches at Xavier and is the more accomplished coach. Jarvis was the more accomplished player (lottery pick in 2003) and currently coaches at...wait for it...Georgia St., under Rob Lanier.

Reactions: zjcvols
Good luck Coach English in your new head coaching job at George Mason! You may wind up being interviewed by Danny White when Coach Barnes decides to retire in a few years.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Jarvis Hayes is his brother. Both played at UGA. Jonas coaches at Xavier and is the more accomplished coach. Jarvis was the more accomplished player (lottery pick in 2003) and currently coaches at...wait for it...Georgia St., under Rob Lanier.
Yea...fwiw I’ve heard that name too, but Jonas is definitely more accomplished and would be my preference.

Reactions: Border Vol
I wonder if Barnes might look at Aaron Green, another ex Vol coaching at Oak Ridge. He or Maze would be out of the box hires but they could bring some new ideas into the offensive system as well as tapping into some future prospects.
He can likely get someone more accomplished than either of those guys. Having played at UT should have very little significance in the hiring process.

VN Store

Back