Geoff Collins out at Georgia Tech ...

Mullen would like it more too. His personality and demeanor just aren't great for a big time, microscope job. If he's left alone to dial up plays, he's a pretty good coach, which is why I suspect he wanted to ultimately jump to the NFL.
You’re pretty much the smallest big deal in Georgia if you’re the Georgia Tech footbal coach. You’re in a city w/ the Braves, Falcons and Hawks, and you’re not even the most popular college team in your own city . Hell, you might not be the second or third most popular college team in your own town. Mullen could just go about his business and quietly win some games in the weak ACC.

You’re pretty much the smallest big deal in Georgia if you’re the Georgia Tech footbal coach. You’re in a city w/ the Braves, Falcons and Hawks, and you’re not even the most popular college team in your own city . Hell, you might not be the second or third most popular college team in your own town. Mullen could just go about his business and quietly win some games in the weak ACC.

Agree with this. Almost seems like an ideal job for Mullen.

GT still has sky-high potential,but no one pays attention to them any more. And you're right, even in Atlanta, the sports talk stations barely talk about them and when they do, it almost feels obligatory, because there's more interest in Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida than GT.

I think he’s a goofball, and his whole branding the ATL, the 404, was very Butch cringe worthy, but he had a huge task in front of him switching from Paul Johnson’s guys to get his guys. Throw in a covid season and that’s pretty tough.

Funny enough, to me at least, is yeah he had some Butch crap but at the same time I liked that he simplied for their uniforms back to more what they looked like in the early 90s. I think uniform wise they look their best in years. GT has gone through about every uniform gimmick there has been in the past 15 or so years, though ironically enough I don't think they actually did any black or grey uniforms even tough historically they have had black uniforms.

United FC is also bigger than GT sports right now. It's a very crowded city. And on the college front, I honestly think they probably are losing ground to Georgia St. though GS is having a rough year.

I would love to kick Mullet's a$$ several more times.
BTW: All time wins at Grant Field, Mark Richt - 8, Geoff Collins - 6.

Attachments

• Mullen 1.jpeg
    Mullen 1.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 4
Deion is going to wait for FSU.
Nor elk is having a good year at FSU, so waiting for that job just got pushed out 3 years or more.Deion wants to be in the SEC and knows Auburn will be open in December if not sooner.

Nor elk is having a good year at FSU, so waiting for that job just got pushed out 3 years or more.Deion wants to be in the SEC and knows Auburn will be open in December if not sooner.
He's off to a good start this year, but he's just a bad loss away from being right back on the hot seat. I think FSU people are far from sold on him.

huh? Paul Johnson coached there for 11 years, won the ACC and went to 2 Orange bowls winning 1 and then retired on his terms. No doubt the academics make it a tough job but competing in the ACC and sitting in the heart of the best college football recruiting, no reason they shouldn't win 8 games regularly with a special season every so often.
I know, and there’s no talent in the Atlanta area.

VN Store

Back