Gears of war 4

I am somewhat interested in this one. I haven't touched Gears in probably a good 4 years or so when 3 was released.

I have always been a fan of the games but IMO, the series regressed as it went onward. Gears 1 was fantastic, 2 was really good, and 3 was, to me, a good game but somewhat of a letdown. I completely skipped Judgement.

I still wish that they would re-power the shotgun back to the way it was forever ago in the first game.

Last edited:
I'm not incredibly excited for this but I'm still going to get it and still look forward to it, if for nothing else because I'm so invested in the series. I also think the series is now in that "it's cool to hate it" type category and I don't care for that sometimes. Sometimes it's warranted, but I generally don't like it when a game like this or Halo 5 is hated out of the gate and seemingly because it's a popular series.

I'm not incredibly excited for this but I'm still going to get it and still look forward to it, if for nothing else because I'm so invested in the series. I also think the series is now in that "it's cool to hate it" type category and I don't care for that sometimes. Sometimes it's warranted, but I generally don't like it when a game like this or Halo 5 is hated out of the gate and seemingly because it's a popular series.
Halo went downhill after Bungie left jmo

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2aU4EdQww[/youtube]

The Cole Train will be returning WOOOOO

Was that the reanimated corpse of RAAM? It says that the Swarm originated from the Locust burial pits. I wonder if it's a virus, fungus, bacteria, or parasite that can reanimate the dead? This is going to be a awesome story I can already tell. I really hope Karen Traviss writes more novels in this universe.

Speaking of Cole, this made me think of something random that has bugged me since Gears 2 ( I think that game had the scene I was thinking of).

So the Gears universe takes place on an Earth-like planet (Sera), but's clearly not supposed to Earth. So on this planet, Cole is a former popular Thrashball player, and Thrashball is obviously supposed to be similar to American Football, but again, it's not the same game.

The part that bothers me is during Gears 2 (again, I think, but if not 2 then 3), part of the action takes place in a school and at one point you end up fighting in a gym. The gym is clearly a basketball court. So it's odd to me that they go out of the way to create a fictitious sport for this fictitious planet, but somehow they have the exact same game of basketball we do? I mean everything is the same, the basket, the court, the key, the foul line, even the 3 point line.

Again, not even close to a big deal because it's about 10 minutes of the entire saga, but that always has been a pet peeve of mine, like they got lazy and said 'Eh just throw in a basketball gym".

Reactions: 2 people
Speaking of Cole, this made me think of something random that has bugged me since Gears 2 ( I think that game had the scene I was thinking of).

So the Gears universe takes place on an Earth-like planet (Sera), but's clearly not supposed to Earth. So on this planet, Cole is a former popular Thrashball player, and Thrashball is obviously supposed to be similar to American Football, but again, it's not the same game.

The part that bothers me is during Gears 2 (again, I think, but if not 2 then 3), part of the action takes place in a school and at one point you end up fighting in a gym. The gym is clearly a basketball court. So it's odd to me that they go out of the way to create a fictitious sport for this fictitious planet, but somehow they have the exact same game of basketball we do? I mean everything is the same, the basket, the court, the key, the foul line, even the 3 point line.

Again, not even close to a big deal because it's about 10 minutes of the entire saga, but that always has been a pet peeve of mine, like they got lazy and said 'Eh just throw in a basketball gym".
Rod once said he always viewed Sera not so much as another planet in our universe but more of alternate dimension of Earth. Not sure if it makes anymore sense lol. Have you read any of the novels or comics?

Last edited:
Rod once said he always viewed Sera not so much as another planet in our universe but more of alternate dimension of Earth. Not sure if it makes anymore sense lol. Have you read any of the novels or comics?

No but that would more sense, because I could buy things being similar yet some things different enough since that's kind of a theme with alternate dimensions in sci-fi.

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpotuVcLZ8[/youtube]

This is the campaign prologue at it takes place at Aspho Point. If you never read the novel Aspho Fields is a raid the COG did against the UIR towards the end of the Pendulum Wars. The raid was to steal the blueprints for the Hammer Of Dawn. Aspho Point happens two years before E Day.

Fast forward to E Day and then to the end of Gears 3 taking place at Anvil Gate.

If the prologue is any indication Gears 4 could end up being the best game of 2016. I am so freaking hyped.

Last edited:
Freak and storyline are just two things that don't go together. I can here him now, cussing at the cut scenes

Absolutely. I really want the gears of war Xbox. But I'm afraid it would be be delivered on time to play Friday for early access.
I ordered the bundle and an extra copy of the game. My wife is making me wait till Xmas to give the boys the bundle. LOL hell I ordered it for myself as much I I did them. She is going to hide it till Xmas once it arrives. That design and controller is SICK.

Damn how good does it feel to have a new Gears game coming?

Attachments

• Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-Gears-of-War-4-Limited-Edition-2TB-Bundle-Announced-Weboo-co.jpg
    Microsoft-Xbox-One-S-Gears-of-War-4-Limited-Edition-2TB-Bundle-Announced-Weboo-co.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I ordered the bundle and an extra copy of the game. My wife is making me wait till Xmas to give the boys the bundle. LOL hell I ordered it for myself as much I I did them. She is going to hide it till Xmas once it arrives. That design and controller is SICK.

Damn how good does it feel to have a new Gears game coming?

I ended up getting the console bundle.

I really like the game so far. The shotgun could be quicker, but the movement is solid and the graphics are great, much better than the alpha/beta.

It feels like a good mix between Gears 2/3.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back