Gears of war 4

I've been playing all evening LOVE it. The maps are nice especially Dam and I really love of the Gnasher.

Bout it get back to it. I need to research this till sun up lol.

How you liking it Freak?

Unfortunately I hate it.

I had such high hopes because Gears Ultimate was beautiful and the game play was nearly perfect.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately I hate it.

I had such high hopes because Gears Ultimate was beautiful and the game play was nearly perfect.
I really hate to hear that. What is it about the gameplay you don't care for?

Also keep in mind that this is just the Beta. There will be a lot of tweaks coming before it releases in October.

I really hate to hear that. What is it about the gameplay you don't care for?

Also keep in mind that this is just the Beta. There will be a lot of tweaks coming before it releases in October.

I think the graphics are awful, the shotgun is too slow, the maps have no character and are bigger than I prefer, and the gameplay isn't smooth at all like Ultimate was.

I think the graphics are awful, the shotgun is too slow, the maps have no character and are bigger than I prefer, and the gameplay isn't smooth at all like Ultimate was.

I think the graphics are awful:

I have not played it but most people seem to think they are really good.

I think the graphics are awful:

I have not played it but most people seem to think they are really good.

Its weird. Reading/watching some of the reviews, I feel like people must be playing a completely different game than I am.

My thoughts on the graphics are the lighting is nice. The character and enemy design is nice. The textures on the environments look horribly muddy.

This trailer looks fantastic. Much better than the game does imo. And no way the beta currently plays at 60fps nor do I believe it's on dedicated servers.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/mThz4oV8r30[/youtube]

I also just noticed the Retro Lancer in that clip. Ugh.

The maps are a little bland but I didn't expect much with this being a Beta nearly 6 months before release. I would imagine a really good map variety on release and especially on the DLCs

The maps are a little bland but I didn't expect much with this being a Beta nearly 6 months before release. I would imagine a really good map variety on release and especially on the DLCs

The Gears 3 beta maps were solid.

True, but I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

On another note what's your thoughts on The Swarm and the 25 year jump in the story?

I don't really have a strong opinion on it. It makes sense why they didn't being back the Locusts yet again. But I thought the Locusts were cooler than the Swarm I've seen so far. 😀

No. Are they good?
If you enjoy the Gears universe then they are a must read. You learn so much about the history of Sera, Character backstories and more details on E-Day, The Locusts, and even the Pendulum Wars. Lots of clues on the Locust origins and the events that took place before and in between each game.

One book focuses on Marcus's time in The Slab and what happened to land him there. You learn about Adam Fenix's relationship with Myra before and after E-Day.

Karen brings Sera to life in her novels and I can't recommend them enough

I don't really have a strong opinion on it. It makes sense why they didn't being back the Locusts yet again. But I thought the Locusts were cooler than the Swarm I've seen so far. 😀
One detail that really intrigues me is that The Swarm originate from one or more of the Locust mass graves littering Sera. I am really curious as to how they tie together.

This trailer looks fantastic. Much better than the game does imo. And no way the beta currently plays at 60fps nor do I believe it's on dedicated servers.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/mThz4oV8r30[/youtube]

Wow, some of those weapons look pretty lame. Drop shot and buzzkill, no thanks. They have ruined gears

VN Store

Back