Gave up 28 in 4th quarter

A 28 point loss to the Gumps last night didn't even cover the spread of 26.5. A BAD loss, quit sugar coating it, and no Vandy type moral victories please.

Offensive play calling has to be better down the stretch to give the team better chance to win, stay in the game later pick up first downs.

How the hell do you give up 28 points in the last quarter? I did see some quit in the last half of the 4th...
Defense was gassed at the end...We got no depth at all and most of those guys played the entire game...You get out there and try to tackle those guys for 60 minutes and tell me how you feel in the 4th quarter.

You saw exhaustion.
Agreed. For all of its flaws, this team has no quit in them. On that last pick the pruitt Vols would have just watched him take it to the house. There are definitely things that need much improvement, but lack of heart is not one of them.

This was basically an INT and then giving them to ball at the 30 with 8mins left. I thought they played well for 3 quarters and ran out of gas. No running game contributed to that. The team though was in it all the way til the 4th and that INT which sealed the game. Better OL and RB depth would be helpful.

4th quarter we got are asssss handed to us, we run out of gas. I really did not think we would give up 52 points.

Offensive play calling has to be better down the stretch to give the team better chance to win, stay in the game later pick up first downs.

How the hell do you give up 28 points in the last quarter? I did see some quit in the last half of the 4th...
Ummm we ran out of gas because of our lack of quality depth!

How tired did you get making this post?

Reactions: Jauan't Some?
I don’t know man. Bama’ is one of, if not the, best team in the country for over a decade. Perennial recruiting and talent. Excellent coaching.

We are on a first year coach with a new scheme; a completely depleted roster; and for three quarters played as well as we’ve played them in a long-while. I personally didn’t see any quit and see massive improvement with less talent. You’ve got unheralded guys playing hard with the best talent around.

Given where we’ve been for the past couple of decades — I’ll look at this as a positive and if we can recruit, the future is bright.

I don’t know man. Bama’ is one of, if not the, best team in the country for over a decade. Perennial recruiting and talent. Excellent coaching.

We are on a first year coach with a new scheme; a completely depleted roster; and for three quarters played as well as we’ve played them in a long-while. I personally didn’t see any quit and see massive improvement with less talent. You’ve got unheralded guys playing hard with the best talent around.

Given where we’ve been for the past couple of decades — I’ll look at this as a positive and if we can recruit, the future is bright.
This post all day!

Reactions: VolByBirth

I mean we have them the ball in the redzone twice in the 4th quarter. So..

Offense has to help the defense out by staying in the field, they didn't. Bama is 3 deep across the board, it was only a matter of time before that happened. Surprised we held up til the 4th quarter.

I would love to have the depth of talent and players Clemson has and see what Heupel and company could do with it because Clemson has lost it all the sudden!

This right here

Hooker pick and depth

Well 7 of those came after a turnover putting the defense in a bad position.

7 more came when the point of risk comes in. If you punt ball on 4th down you can make games final score look closer. However your team knows you weren't giving your last shot to try and come back and win but if you dont make it there again you put your defense in an impossible position to stop Bama from scoring. I am happy they went for it. The days of admitting defeat early and just trying to not look as bad need to be done. If you still have a chance late on game and you have to roll the dice then so be it.

The other 14 they are freaking Alabama. If you have been watching football the last few years they typically pull away from opponents in close games because they are at least 2 deep at every position with great players. Most teams don't have 1 deep as talented as them let alone players that can spell them.

The NFL has nothing to do with it. Oh and since you brought up the NFL, his Miami team blanked Tom Brady and the Pats in 2006.
He sports a career losing record in the NFL. The best team picks last and there’s a salary cap from one team stockpiling talent. Yeah, that’s a big difference vs signing a Top 2 class 15 years in a row.

Last edited:

Pretty much sums it up. They've been the best at everything for over a decade while we've been at our worst during the same time. It doesn't get fixed in months.

We made some mistakes, it happens. They made some mistakes too, but years of being the best covers alot of that up and is easier to overcome, especially against someone in the shape that we're in. For goodnesssake, it's not rocket surgery.

It's ridiculous to have fans like mad and Remy whining Iike they do, especially about this team. They didn't leave, they wanted to be at Tennessee and they're doing the best they can.. and they need some help. It's not "moral victory" or excuses.

Annoying you can't talk about the game and it's real issues without getting internet tough guys regurgitaing stupidity every week.

Reactions: Jauan't Some?

How the hell do you give up 28 points in the last quarter? I did see some quit in the last half of the 4th...[/QUote
Who quit....give us names.

Who quit?

Guess we are going to have troll threads for next two weeks. Was a nice break while it lasted.

Our defense had so many chances to get off the field on 3rd down. They aren’t deep enough to handle that. On O, we had no chance in the run game due to not having Cade in the game with an injured RB and Center in the game. Heck even Hooker was injured. We should be excited that we had a one score game into the 4th quarter, but what happened last night was inevitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back