Gary Patterson accused of using a racial slur

No, I don't care to hear a person tell people what they can and can't do or say on the basis of their skin color.
So you think you should be able to say the N word without any consequences? Is that what your trying to imply here?

Do you think you should be able to say the N word without any consequences?

I dont have a desire to say it.

But specifically in a correcting educational situation I dont have a problem with someone doing so.

We love it in art apparently.

I dont have a desire to say it.

But specifically in a correcting educational situation I dont have a problem with someone doing so.

We love it in art apparently.
Yea I get what your saying but Gary Patterson said N with a hard R bro he deserves to see consequences. Black ppl themselves don't even use that word. I usually let a white person slide with with the A version as long as it isn’t derogatory.

Yea I get what your saying but Gary Patterson said N with a hard R bro he deserves to see consequences. Black ppl themselves don't even use that word. I usually let a white person slide with with the A version as long as it isn’t derogatory.

I wasnt there.

I really dont run in circles where people use any version.

Patterson's character should be known by his players and how he said one word doesnt change it.

So you think you should be able to say the N word without any consequences? Is that what your trying to imply here?
That's absolutely not what I am trying to imply. You said "white people CAN'T say the n-word". That's you deciding you have authority over people for no reason other than skin tone. That's racist, and at the most basic level totally immoral. I CAN say anything I want, and I am responsible for dealing with whatever consequences arise. That is my decision, not yours.

Now as for the absolutely ridiculous fragility black people have over a collection of letters... by overreacting to it people are ceding all of their own agency, emotion, power over to anyone that chooses to say a word. Any 12 year old troll can bring a room of people into a rage by saying a single word. How insane is that? It's living to be a powerless victim.

The way he said it...."Don't say *&^%$#",shouldn't be the same as saying it in conversation.

Abraham Lincoln used the word in public speeches. Let's vilify him.

I see the use of it by black people as being really similar as a group of women, who are all friends, referring to themselves as "bitches." You know, a group of 5 girls is sitting at the bar. A couple more friends walk in to join the group and they all yell "heeeey bitches!" Is it annoying? Yes. Would I, as a man, get in trouble if I called them bitches? Yes. But I see why they can do it and it's OK, and men collectively don't walk around saying "Man, I should be able to call a woman a bitch if I want and not get in trouble."

So it's the same concept as that, plus the N-word is even more charged and has a history that "bitch" does not.

That's absolutely not what I am trying to imply. You said "white people CAN'T say the n-word". That's you deciding you have authority over people for no reason other than skin tone. That's racist, and at the most basic level totally immoral. I CAN say anything I want, and I am responsible for dealing with whatever consequences arise. That is my decision, not yours.

Now as for the absolutely ridiculous fragility black people have over a collection of letters... by overreacting to it people are ceding all of their own agency, emotion, power over to anyone that chooses to say a word. Any 12 year old troll can bring a room of people into a rage by saying a single word. How insane is that? It's living to be a powerless victim.
And you calling me the Dick Tater wow

I see the use of it by black people as being really similar as a group of women, who are all friends, referring to themselves as "bitches." You know, a group of 5 girls is sitting at the bar. A couple more friends walk in to join the group and they all yell "heeeey bitches!" Is it annoying? Yes. Would I, as a man, get in trouble if I called them bitches? Yes. But I see why they can do it and it's OK, and men collectively don't walk around saying "Man, I should be able to call a woman a bitch if I want and not get in trouble."

So it's the same concept as that, plus the N-word is even more charged and has a history that "bitch" does not.
You literally nailed this I dont know what Butch Plz is talking about. He making it seem like he the N Word shouldn’t offend ppl.

You literally nailed this I dont know what Butch Plz is talking about. He making it seem like he the N Word shouldn’t offend ppl.

If you choose to continue to be an emotional slave to a word, that's on you and you alone. I feel genuinely sorry for people that choose that life.

If you choose to continue to be an emotional slave to a word, that's on you and you alone. I feel genuinely sorry for people that choose that life.
Like literally every black person alive? Please go to work tomorrow and say N****R and watch what will happen to you.

Call it what you want but the N word is literally the only thing in black culture that white ppl cant take or use themselves. I am black and think it shouldn’t used in public settings but in any context should a white person use it. Thats how I and every other black person sees it.
What if they are quoting lyrics to a song?

You should hold this to account who trivialize it in song and comedy.

Like literally every black person alive? Please go to work tomorrow and say N****R and watch what will happen to you.
Have you actually read my posts?

Evidence shows no.

But if you want to go down that path, I implore you to bring up your antisemetic Internet rantings that you've spread all over the place here- we can have a nice contest.

What if they are quoting lyrics to a song?

You should hold this to account who trivialize it in song and comedy.
Its a hard topic cause there is no real rule book. All I say is be careful if you use this word. All im saying is letting everybody say it with no consequences isnt gonna happen.

The re-purposing of the word is part of an effort, IMO, on their part to refuse to be beholden to what the word means.

Do you not see a difference between a man, especially if he has ill intent, calling a woman a "bitch" and a group of a woman's friends calling her a "bitch" in an endearing way? Because the N-word is the exact same way. Words, any word, can have different meanings based on context.

Have you actually read my posts?

Evidence shows no.

But if you want to go down that path, I implore you to bring up your antisemetic Internet rantings that you've spread all over the place here- we can have a nice contest.
I definitely read it and your implying that people shouldnt get an uprise from the N-word isnt gonna happen. I will say it again its not anti semetic if I am Jewish myself have you thought of that. Maybe I’m speaking facts on my own religion.

The re-purposing of the word is part of an effort, IMO, on their part to refuse to be beholden to what the word means.

Do you not see a difference between a man, especially if he has ill intent, calling a woman a "bitch" and a group of a woman's friends calling her a "bitch" in an endearing way? Because the N-word is the exact same way. Words, any word, can have different meanings based on context.
Say it again for the people in the back. Its literally the same thing.

VN Store

Back