Garth Brooks Concert

Great song and still holds true today, but Garth didn't kill county music. He actually stepped outside of country with the Chris Gaines experiment. Although it was pretty fruity, You can't blame a guy that sings who wanted to explore singing other genres. There is ton of musicians who switch between styles, like Aaron Lewis from rock to country. Or Kid Rock from rap, to rock, to country. And many others. Own the music and don't let the music own you. Aside from county, everything else since the 90s has about died. Good rock is almost nonexistent, rap is horrible and country continues to go through changes. But I believe if not for the change in country, it would have died too. Was too much broken hearted crap to sustain it.
Garth Brooks killed country and he opened the door for Boy Band teen bop crap we have today

If they put down sod, then I imagine the field will be pretty to look at but dangerous to run on.
After the freeze Tuesday night, the grass will already be dormant. The day after the concert, they can spray it green and it will be just as it would have been if the concert had not been played, The contract calls for Garth to replace the sod which they do every year which saves UT the cost of sodding for one year. I see nothing to complain unless people are just wanting else to be something to be negative.

If they put down sod, then I imagine the field will be pretty to look at but dangerous to run on.

NFL teams re-sod during the season all the time with minimal issues.

I think it's dumb to have a concert in the stadium during the season, but I don't expect the turf to be a huge issue against Vandy.

Yeah but George wouldnt pack the stadium at the prices Garth would.

And besides, when George says he retired, he meant it.
You mean George Strait? His tour dates are out and tickets are for sale....love me some George!

It turns out I have a friend who I just discovered was in the sod business. He is not the guy that is going to re-sod Neyland but he told me they pre-plan for these types of things and essentially grow the sod offsite so that it is ready when it is time to be put down. This is what he said "This is planned usually well over a year. The sod is marked off and treated as it would be on the field. The crews know exactly what to do when stripping it and laying it causing usually 0 issues. They use thicker rolls..."
They did this at SC after a Jay Z concert and also they did it at Levi Stadium the week of national title game as well last year.

He also showed me this tweet from where he works:

Since I don't know how to post tweets it shows them putting down the sod in levi stadium (there are more pics on the tweet):
Dv125ygU8AAv7kP.jpg

Anyway, since this has been a topic of conversation I thought I would share. The field should be fine.

VN Store

Back