Garth Brooks Concert

I used to enjoy Garth Brooks in the 90’s lol when I was in high school and college nowadays not so much. Why though couldn’t they have done this in the spring or summer? Who wants to freeze their butt off in mid November. Hopefully the field is in decent shape before the Vandy game
Apparently about 150,000 people. Unfortunately, I’ll be there around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning.
GBO!!

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Heck no. This summer it got so hot my feed corn started popping in the barn. Mule thought it was snowing and almost froze to death!

I guess I didn't get the reference to DST. The days get shorter without regard to our silly custom of adjusting our clocks by an hour in the fall.

Was listening to a radio show yesterday and a UT official was talking about putting on the concert at Neyland. I know entertainers have lots of shows to do, but it seems dumb to have scheduled this show knowing there was only one game left to play on the field. I hope the field is in good enough shape for the Vandy game.

Gotta generate a crowd somewhere....

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
2 legends got together and sang a song about your "legend"

Great song and still holds true today, but Garth didn't kill county music. He actually stepped outside of country with the Chris Gaines experiment. Although it was pretty fruity, You can't blame a guy that sings who wanted to explore singing other genres. There is ton of musicians who switch between styles, like Aaron Lewis from rock to country. Or Kid Rock from rap, to rock, to country. And many others. Own the music and don't let the music own you. Aside from county, everything else since the 90s has about died. Good rock is almost nonexistent, rap is horrible and country continues to go through changes. But I believe if not for the change in country, it would have died too. Was too much broken hearted crap to sustain it.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Garth Brooks sucks ballz!
According to the RIAA, he is the best-selling solo albums artist in the United States with 148 million domestic units sold, ahead of Elvis Presley, and is second only to The Beatles in total album sales overall. He is also one of the world's best-selling artists of all time, having sold more than 170 million records.

As of 2019, Brooks is now the only artist in music history to have released seven albums that achieved diamond status in the United States (surpassing the Beatles' record of six)

Seems like you're probably in the minority here. I'm not really a fan of most country music, modern country music especially, but I can get down to some Garth.

So I wonder if you could take a square of grass with you when you leave the concert. I know people that have turf.
I dug up a piece of the goal line at South Bend after the Miracle there. It’s still growing in West Tn.

I wish I had let it dry out like my little brother did. He has his on display.

It needed to be this late in the year so the entire concert could be in the dark for the fantastic light show......wait that’d be Bryant -Denny..... never mind

Was listening to a radio show yesterday and a UT official was talking about putting on the concert at Neyland. I know entertainers have lots of shows to do, but it seems dumb to have scheduled this show knowing there was only one game left to play on the field. I hope the field is in good enough shape for the Vandy game.
November isn't supposed to matter in Knoxville.

Good grief bunch of chicken little hand wringing cyber champions of life “oh no but what about the grass”

GTFO with this nonsense.

Can’t wait to relieve the 90s and sing along to a great performer in my favorite stadium while stepping all over your pressure fescue hearts

Reactions: Volman065 and EezyE
I can’t wait for the concert. Garth puts on a great show, it’ll be amazing under the lights of Neyland.

If you are going old time, have Duran Duran or Journey try to pack Neyland Stadium.

I never was a big fan of Garth Brooks.

Didn't kenny chesney perform in Neyland before? I don't remember the field afterwards.

And F Garth lol. If I'm gonna listen to old school country, it's my boy George!

VN Store

Back