Garner & Simon Possible Staff Additions

Looking like its going to be a VFL coaching staff. Steele as HC or DC at worst, Garner, Simon, Martin and Irwin or Ingram as AD. The more hires that are made now it looks more and more as if Steele is going to be the NEW HC. They need to be in house quick and out getting some transfers to sign on. Maybe we could get Cooter for OC. He is not working anywhere right now.

Doesn't make a bit of sense.... unless the new coach has already been chosen.... which would likely mean the new AD has been chosen... which suggests all of this was previously planned... which suggests a level of competence we've never seen from UT concerning this kind of change.
Much more likely that we are rolling with Steele in 2021 at least.

Wanted it or not, handing cash in Mcdonalds bags was getting all of them including Pruitt and Fulmer fired. Doing your approach doesn't improve the team. It just puts another nickel into the breaker box when we need an entirely new breaker box. This will be rinse and repeat of they do that with Steele.
I don't get it? A quick hire helps more than a measured AD search, then coach search?

Seriously? Why? I'd like to see professional, experienced leadership in place at the AD level that can hire good long-term coaching in all areas.

Help me. What am I missing?

Then I don’t see how you hire an AD. And why did Fulmer, Plowman and Boyd get up in front of everybody and tal about the next AD making the football hire? What AD is gonna come here, knowing how important the football program is and walk into a situation where the HC wasn’t his hire? Because if said coach doesn’t work out, then the AD gets the blame.

This crap is getting confusing and is an utter joke.

I think they are going to take their sweet time trying to get this right. I think it could be months before they hire an AD, and months after that before he hires a permanent coach. Somebody has to be in charge of the football team during all this dithering. I agree it is a joke of a way to run things. But it’s the UT way.

We can see how great that idea is working as top players are diving into the portal.
Could say something about their ability to fight through adversity. Idc who bolts, It could be a case of addition by subtraction. Id love to keep Gray, hes a TN kid, he could emerge as a true leader if he was willing. Good luck to them but I wont lose a wink of sleep

Looking like its going to be a VFL coaching staff. Steele as HC or DC at worst, Garner, Simon, Martin and Irwin or Ingram as AD. The more hires that are made now it looks more and more as if Steele is going to be the NEW HC. They need to be in house quick and out getting some transfers to sign on. Maybe we could get Cooter for OC. He is not working anywhere right now.
Chaney will probably stay as oc,but I would love to have Jim Bob as Qb coach and waiting on OC..as long as he remembers where his girlfriend lives

We can see how great that idea is working as top players are diving into the portal.
Didn't say I like the idea
I absolutely hate it but it is looking that way unless Tennessee actually has its ducks in a row and a new AD and HC are not on the hill soon.

I don't see that hires for defensive staff necessarily make Steele look like a HC.

Maybe there's already a prospect for HC that's willing to let Steele do what he wants with the defense.

Reactions: lilesrt
Wanted it or not, handing cash in Mcdonalds bags was getting all of them including Pruitt and Fulmer fired. Doing your approach doesn't improve the team. It just puts another nickel into the breaker box when we need an entirely new breaker box. This will be rinse and repeat of they do that with Steele.

I think there’s a difference between putting a nickel in there while you wait on a reputable electrician, and putting a nickel in there while you go looking through the couch cushions for a couple pennies.

I hope we’re on the former track.

Reactions: Spawn
Doesn't make a bit of sense.... unless the new coach has already been chosen.... which would likely mean the new AD has been chosen... which suggests all of this was previously planned... which suggests a level of competence we've never seen from UT concerning this kind of change.
He has, his name is Kevin

Reactions: kcvols1

VN Store

Back