Gamestop (I know) Help

BearCat204

Second Chances
Tried to find an appropriate thread for this, but couldnt. Anyway, against my better judgement, I purchased a PSN card via Gamestop online. I was able to use some points for like 10 dollars off, so decided to buy one from them. Got the code emailed to me and directly went to PSN to put it in. Got an error message that it has already been redeemed. I immediately contacted Gamestop and they basically said tough luck and to contact Sony. Well Sony tells me they cant validate that code and to contact my retailer. Contacted Gamestop again and again told tough luck contact Sony. Anyone ever dealt with something like this and possibly have any suggestions?

The only thing I can suggest is keep complaining and going up the food chain and eventually they may give in and give you a new one.

It's been years since I bought anything from GS and even longer since I set foot in an actual store. The only major problem I've had with them is about 10 years ago I bought some used 3DS games in store. I wasn't really paying attention, took the bag they handed me and went home. I didn't even get the games out of the bag for an hour or so, then opened one of the boxes and they forgot to put the game in the box.

I drove back up to the GS and the initial reaction was "not our problem". Basically I had to keep getting angrier and made it clear I wasn't leaving without the game or a refund and they eventually gave in. I never went back to that particular GS.

Reactions: BearCat204
The only thing I can suggest is keep complaining and going up the food chain and eventually they may give in and give you a new one.

It's been years since I bought anything from GS and even longer since I set foot in an actual store. The only major problem I've had with them is about 10 years ago I bought some used 3DS games in store. I wasn't really paying attention, took the bag they handed me and went home. I didn't even get the games out of the bag for an hour or so, then opened one of the boxes and they forgot to put the game in the box.

I drove back up to the GS and the initial reaction was "not our problem". Basically I had to keep getting angrier and made it clear I wasn't leaving without the game or a refund and they eventually gave in. I never went back to that particular GS.
I will never spend a penny in a GS again.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I've traded in stuff there and used the credit to buy gift cards, but that was always in person.

I will never spend a penny in a GS again.

I'm actually a bit shocked they are still around or at least haven't gone to an online only model. I know they have been closing stores like mad for the last few years but I can't seen how they get enough in person business to justify physical locations. This isn't 2005 anymore.

I've traded in stuff there and used the credit to buy gift cards, but that was always in person.

Will you please tell Johnfkelly to stop posting in the Boo Carter thread? Thanks

VN Store

Back