Game Thread: Lady Vols versus Mizzou

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
1550328800200.png
HOOPS CENTRAL: LADY VOLS AT MISSOURI

Watch Live (ESPN2)
Girls,

You took a step forward last game,,,you changed a tendency (Came out stronger in the second half).
Now let's take another step.
We are playing the team that beat the team that last beat us...

We can make another statement here!

Something magical happened in the second half of the last game,.,Keep that magic

Keys to the game:
  • Cheridene showed an athletic side of her in this last game (extended defense and steals-to-fast breaks) that we will need to see again against Missouri... Sophie is a better BH, so don't over-play her when she has the ball, but off the ball, devour her.
  • We need to see the ball go in (attack the glass) and then start bombing...But attack the glass first against Mizzou. This is how you beat them. And, how they beat us. We need to put them in foul trouble by attacking the paint.
  • Off the ball defense. Deny! When your assignment gets an easy reception and is able to triple-threat and attack, it is their advantage...Keep the advantage by playing stifling defense "off the ball"
Got to keep flying girls!

Last edited:
Stop Cunningham, be aggressive on the boards, be physical, make your easy layups, take intelligent shots, block out, set picks and guard the three!!! It is a tall order but the ladies proved against Auburn they can play tough basketball. Cunningham can be easily frustrated if she is denied the ball or open shots. When that happens, she usually gets in foul trouble because she becomes over physical.

With their backs against the wall, if the ladies can't be inspired and play with effort, they never will. This team is very capable of winning the next five games.

I'm back on the Holly train....I can't believe I just said that....I need an aspirin.

If Holly will not try and coach em up too much, (he laughs) and Zay Green plays like we all know she is capable of playing now, this club may be OK.

If not, next depot is not too far away.

They have already shown they can play inspired BB
They just have to have the right "button's pushed"
They played Notre Dame fairly well until the second half where after halftime the better coach made adjustments and the other coach crossed her arms in disbelief. Until things change at the top it will be more of the same.

Tennessee men may be losing, but they have some hotties! Why have I not been watching them instead of the ladies?

I'm back on the Holly train....I can't believe I just said that....I need an aspirin.

If Holly will not try and coach em up too much, (he laughs) and Zay Green plays like we all know she is capable of playing now, this club may be OK.

If not, next depot is not too far away.
We are all on the train, however, it keeps getting derailed.

Out of all the games for the rest of this year, this is the ONE game I want our Lady Vols to win! Beat down the classless Mizzou!

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Did you see John Adam's article on the Lady VOls this morning:

"Starring Sophie Cunningham!"

Sick of this...Come on ladies, defend your honor

It seemed like in the last game at half time some of the LVs just decided to PLAY the GAME instead of trying to do this and that. To just come out and throw caution it the wind and play like demons were after them!

With Sophie I think they are going to have to come out with some scrapping mojo.

Not all that hard to be as "feisty" as Cunningham. A lot of LVs could throw elbows, shove and body slam opponents if the refs are going to reward it with no-calls. If that's the definition of leadership, Mizzou is known for it. Cierra Porter must be a leader, too.

If the refs are going to let them play physical and aggressive Sophie-style, then the LVs better return it tit for tat. Can't play soft and timid when you play Mizzou.

VN Store

Back