Game tonight has made it obvious

RockyTop140

That Pruitt is not the guy. I’ll be honest, before tonight I was still willing to believe pruitt still could bring us back to where we want to be. After watching this game, I have never seen worse coaching in my life. We come out hot, offense is firing on all cylinders, just for us to move away from what we were doing. And auburn did not adjust; they were stacking the box all game long. We simply went away from what worked. That’s what makes watching this team so painful. You see that we have the potential to compete with teams, and then the coaches get scared and coach to not lose. Gray averaged over 8 yards a carry; how in the world are we only able to put up 17 points. Defense looks pathetic in year 3, no halftime adjustments; I could go on. Depressing. Pruitt has not learned from anything that has happened in his HC career it seems.

Pruitt has me as furious with a coach than I have ever been, and that’s saying a lot considering the geniuses we had at UT over the course of my life. But he has this 1 final opportunity to save himself.

IF...he goes back and watches the tape and actually sees the huge difference between Bailey and JG and makes the correct decision to start Bailey against Vandy and stick with him the entire game, he could save himself with the fan base, with a very short leash of course.

We then roll big over Vandy and compete respectively against 2 more top 10 teams,he could cool his seat off.

Pruitt has me as furious with a coach than I have ever been, and that’s saying a lot considering the geniuses we had at UT over the course of my life. But he has this 1 final opportunity to save himself.

IF...he goes back and watches the tape and actually sees the huge difference between Bailey and JG and makes the correct decision to start Bailey against Vandy and stick with him the entire game, he could save himself with the fan base, with a very short leash of course.

We then roll big over Vandy and compete respectively against 2 more top 10 teams,he could cool his seat off.
You’ve got to be kidding! So you think a win over Vandy under any scenario will make Pruitt salvageable. I love your orange skin, but I have sever doubts about your sanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I was willing to accept some short-comings on Pruitt's part due to this being his 1st head-coaching job. Strategy-wise he makes bad decisions repeatedly,especially when giving up FG's and attempting 4th down conversions. He did that at Arky and could have gotten us to within 8 points. Last night at Auburn with 4 1/2 minutes left in the game he tried the on-side kick which I disagreed with because we had 3 time-outs and maybe coulda pinned them deep and forced a punt. A lot of times when he chooses to attempt to try a 4th down conversion close to mid-field I'm feeling we'd be better off punting instead. We were dead last in the nation on 4th down conversions and near it the two previous years. That stat alone ought to serve as a wake-up call,imo.
He'll get a break this year and if these up-coming vaccines lead us to normality you'll likely be looking at a half-full stadium in 2021. That's the only recourse fans really have due to what appears to be bad coaching. If we get better to be able to hang with better teams these seemingly small mistakes Pruitt continually keeps making will have a bigger impact when division titles,etc....are on the line.

Vols are not winning another game this year. Outcoached at Vandy. Pruitt will be a good head coach someday, but his not one today. Learning on the job. Vols have fallen so far; is what it is.

Maybe earlier in this season HB wasn't prepared but the 2 times we, as fans, have got a look at him you have to consider that our opponents have had two score leads on us and in the 4th qtr. Arky was playing a prevent defense. I'd guess Auburn was in some sorta prevent but they blitzed a couple of times. My point being that HB hasn't had much of an opportunity to read multiple defensive alignments over the course of a full game.
The sooner the better, imo. As McElroy stated during the game, pocket presence alone shows that HB has a much better awareness of what's going on in the field of play than JG ever will. It's that simple. Bailey is going to make UT more competitive in the coming years for sure.

Reactions: kamoshika
You’ve got to be kidding! So you think a win over Vandy under any scenario will make Pruitt salvageable. I love you orange skin, but I have sever doubts about your sanity.
Are you kidding? A guy named H Lector is questioning my sanity. I didn’t say anything about salvaging Pruitt. I despise him and have since the day he was hired. It was the worst birthday present I ever got. I teared up when Fulmer announced him and it just keeps confirming my feelings about him.

What I did say is save himself and cool his seat off. If he makes the correct move this week and Bailey rolls. A great QB makes a coach look much better. Who was Dabo before Deshaun Watson. I’ll answer, just an average coach.

Vols are not winning another game this year. Outcoached at Vandy. Pruitt will be a good head coach someday, but his not one today. Learning on the job. Vols have fallen so far; is what it is.
I will take that bet, if you like.

3-7 ain’t good enough, it’s ridiculous and he should be gone if it happens!

3-7 ain’t good enough, it’s ridiculous and he should be gone if it happens!
I agree! But everyone screaming wanting him gone sounds great. But it ain’t gonna happen. Fulmer is not gonna fire him. Pruitt was his choice and he can’t just fire his first hire. He won’t do it. He’s loyal too and it will be his downfall as well.

I agree! But everyone screaming wanting him gone sounds great. But it ain’t gonna happen. Fulmer is not gonna fire him. Pruitt was his choice and he can’t just fire his first hire. He won’t do it. He’s loyal too and it will be his downfall as well.
Then fire his ass too. If Fulmer can’t admit there is zero progress here and make a change then he needs to GTFO too.

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back