Game Thread: UT v LSU

Going forward, all I care about AT ALL is that Tennessee gets enough wins to continue the streak of being invited to every NCAA tournament. I have decided to trust that all the players involved in creating/maintaining that streak — those of the past and present — will do what is necessary to continue the legacy that they all built.

Their legacy, their decisions. If they believe that the current staff can lead them back to prominence, no changes need be made. But if they feel like it’s time for the program to go in a different direction leadership-wise, the players will find a way to make that happen.

Going forward, all I care about AT ALL is that Tennessee gets enough wins to continue the streak of being invited to every NCAA tournament. I have decided to trust that all the players involved in creating/maintaining that streak — those of the past and present — will do what is necessary to continue the legacy that they all built.

Their legacy, their decisions. If they believe that the current staff can lead them back to prominence, no changes need be made. But if they feel like it’s time for the program to go in a different direction leadership-wise, the players will find a way to make that happen.

Yeah I think we make it in. They just need to keep pushing themselves, playing every possession, and valuing each possession.

I do feel as though some of the girls, no one in general, are not as familiar with the programs history and what kind of record book they will be in if they continue this kind of play. They showed at halftime during one of the games at how good these girls have it. Their facilities look awesome! These girls have it made. Nice locker rooms, their video/movie room. I hope these girls cherish and don’t take fore granted whom they play for when they step out on the floor.

Just a bad play to take a bad shot in traffic or get a turnover and dribble into traffic. These are the type plays that get you beat. Chances are if three players are underneath guarding you an open teammate is just a pass away.
It doesn't help if teammates stand in one spot and don't make themselves available to receive the ball.

It doesn't help if teammates stand in one spot and don't make themselves available to receive the ball.

If we get our 3 pt shooter back (and I do mean back in every way)...look out folks.
Right now If Meme returns, it will add to instead of interrupt the chemistry.

If they get back to the big 3 again,
run city

Reactions: Ladyvol777
Good games by David and KK; great defensive game by Westbrook.

Burrell and Z Green need to be given the red light. No more threes until further notice.
They've got to take wide open shots, if not the other team will stop guarding them and play 5 on 3. If they can't hit one every now and then, take them out of the game.

Good games by David and KK; great defensive game by Westbrook.

Burrell and Z Green need to be given the red light. No more threes until further notice.

I disagree.

The three is a weapon.
Don't silence it.
Practice it,,use i t.

Every girl on that floor needs to be able shoot the 3.
Posts, notwithstanding.
And Zaay and Burrell are not posts.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I disagree.

The three is a weapon.
Don't silence it.
Practice it,,use i t.

Posts, notwithstanding.

I'm not sure we disagree. Someone needs to fix their shots. They need to be shooting 100+ threes per day mimicking game scenarios.

Honestly the whole team needs a midseason shooting camp.

Once the shot is fixed, they get the green light again.

You're right, wings are worthless if they can't shoot threes.

They've got to take wide open shots, if not the other team will stop guarding them and play 5 on 3. If they can't hit one every now and then, take them out of the game.

I agree, you have to make at least 30 percent of your threes or you shouldn't play the 1 through 3 position. Imo it certainly helps if 4s and 5s can shoot too.

My bad! I was looking at the wrong line on the stat sheet. Is Westbrook ok? She only played a few minutes in the second half per the video recap I watched. Glad to see Massengill get more playing time.

She didn't have many offensive highlights. She did play good defense. Only halfway decent on offense, but she didn't kill us with tos. Her play at the end of the game was very clean, no critical errors.

I disagree.

The three is a weapon.
Don't silence it.
Practice it,,use i t.

Posts, notwithstanding.

I agree with you 100% Zaay and Burrell are not posts and Burrell takes a shot to the face due to KK lack of any kind of quickness to guard any post player man to man. And to be fair to Burrell she is ask to play the 4 because it seems no ones wants to play it or we lack depth at that position ? By the way good post thank you

I agree with you 100% Zaay and Burrell are not posts and Burrell takes a shot to the face due to KK lack of any kind of quickness to guard any post player man to man. And to be fair to Burrell she is ask to play the 4 because it seems no ones wants to play it or we lack depth at that position ? By the way good post thank you

My pleasure.

It does get physical down there. Post play needs Burrell this year to do some down-low playing...Next year's recruits should alleviate that. Then she can move into a 3 spot.

Reactions: djtee and ksl415

They'll probably get a 13 seed out of pity and nostalgia.

And for Holly to try and rush Meme back is a mistake that ankle will be a issue for Meme rest of the season. To me she will be more of a liability on a tender ankle.

She didn't have many offensive highlights. She did play good defense. Only halfway decent on offense, but she didn't kill us with tos. Her play at the end of the game was very clean, no critical errors.
Foul trouble led to limited minutes but she had 6 assists in 23 minutes, including a couple of highlight reel passes. As Peck noted, she would have double digit assists if not for missed chippies. All things considered, she had an excellent PG game for the time she was on the court.

Agree its good just to pick up a freakin W again, especially happy for the players. Rennia lives! Next two opponents are even worse I hear so we may get a little streak going here.

But damn we are an ugly playin' team! 'Just" 16 turnovers, yippee skippy! Got all the way to 45% percent fg shooting, think what it would have been if not for that goose egg for 13 3 pt shooting! All that happened here is we ran into someone even worse. We look like exactly what we are, a bottom tier SEC team.

Agree again, sadly, but Nikki is off the list. She and Holly could have exchanged teams and you couldn't have told much difference. Both a sloppy mess. So no.
We're actually at our best when the game is ugly. We should trap and press constantly.

The thing that has worries me about Burrell is that she was a 40 percent three point shooter her senior year in high school and started out decently here first few games. Now with the Holly effect she can't make anything this seems to happen to a lot of players that come in here. Zaay Green was around a thirty percent three point shooter so don't expect as much from her from long range still she is struggling to make very many with Holly. I saw Holly make one good move yesterday she got KK out of the game in the last two minutes as they were going to start fouling her on every possession. She is like a 25 percent free throw shooter you wonder why.

And for Holly to try and rush Meme back is a mistake that ankle will be a issue for Meme rest of the season. To me she will be more of a liability on a tender ankle.
She is a senior. Why would you want to save her tender ankle? If she can play, play her. It's not like she has a shot at the WNBA after UT. :(

Reactions: FabSmokyVol

VN Store

Back