Game Thread - Tennessee Lady Vols vs #2 Shady Trees & Referees

Mouthed or excited with the block? Can you tell? The answer, is no you can't. But you do see RJ remark after, maybe she was saying "good job" but I can't tell.
Oh no doubt, probably quoting Sister Brink a bible verse. That's our LVFL.

Seriously, we can minutiae this to death but I'm just glad RJ kept her poise and did not bite on Brink's tacky escalation attempt.

Seriously, we can minutiae this to death but I'm just glad RJ kept her poise and did not bite on Brink's tacky escalation attempt.

I wish, GLV....I wish
But I can't sit back and let anyone blatantly attack one of the players,,,especially a negavol supreme

Reactions: Lucy
Staring down a player after a block, mouth open,,,yeah, ok,,,
BitesizedEnchantedAnkolewatusi-max-1mb.gif

Do you do weddings? Bar Mitzva's? Funerals?
Hope not

Only did a wedding once, year 20 so far so good. No to Bar Mitzva’s but enjoyed having the music class sing “Hava Nagila” in middle school. Funerals, we all will do them.

Casting stones is a popular verse this week

I wish, GLV....I wish
But I can't sit back and let anyone blatantly attack one of the players,,,especially a negavol supreme

Who attacked? I just said watch the video as it seems our player had a part in it. Again, tossing things out. I like the fact RJ didn’t back down.

@Majors no one is fooled
you and your two cohorts wouldn't post a good thought on this site without sandwiching it between two insults

credibility shot,,,go ahead tell me how wonderful the team is and how fully you support them,,,without the two pieces of bread this time

Reactions: Remy and volfan__18
We already gave up 2 points on a called technical, I don’t think in this close game, another technical would have been a good idea. ( Even with our missed shots, we hung in the game. We gave 7 points, 2 on the technical, 5 missed free throws, lost by 7. One other point could have won the game, we were that close.)
She has got to fight for her ladies!!!

@Majors no one is fooled
you and your two cohorts wouldn't post a good thought on this site without sandwiching it between two insults

credibility shot,,,go ahead tell me how wonderful the team is and how fully you support them,,,without the two pieces of bread this time

Possibly, not sure what the ratio is. But I'm not a likeminded when things are the way they are. Impressed with Puckett the Stanford game throughout, without her 11 it might be a different type of loss. Like yourself, I don't look for approval. Credibility shot, not sure about that one way or the other... just a fan discussing Tennessee sports.

Possibly, not sure what the ratio is. But I'm not a likeminded when things are the way they are. Complementary of Puckett the Stanford game throughout, without her 11 it might be a different type of loss. Like yourself, I don't look for approval. Credibility shot, not sure about that one way or the other... just a fan discussing Tennessee sports.
If you don't look for my approval,,,why respond?

my purpose is to be a voice for those who have none,,,what is your purpose?

Nice touch, mine is fan upset with the direction/leadership of the team. Now that we've established voices we can move forward. Remember, winning heals all.

Who attacked? I just said watch the video as it seems our player had a part in it. Again, tossing things out. I like the fact RJ didn’t back down.
Exactly. RJ did a good job of not backing down and not escalating. But she did say something first, maybe even good block. Hard not to be biased but important to look at calls objectively. Had Brink said something first she would have been given a T. But when RJ said something first that changes everything. Just don't understand how people want refs to be unbiased but then show bias against Stanford player when both players were yapping.. Ideally neither one would have yapped.

Exactly. RJ did a good job of not backing down and not escalating. But she did say something first, maybe even good block. Hard not to be biased but important to look at calls objectively. Had Brink said something first she would have been given a T. But when RJ said something first that changes everything. Just don't understand how people want refs to be unbiased but then show bias against Stanford player when both players were yapping.. Ideally neither one would have yapped.

You're supporting Majors....imagine that

Difference to me was while RJ said something, she never got in Brink's face. Brink excitedly took the opportunity to escalate. I'm not sure whatever RJ said was even directed at Brink, rather at the no call as Brink bumped her as she crossed the lane.

I'm just eternally grateful that RJ ,even with all the public pressure she's currently under, took the high road and did not facetime back.
You vastly overstate what Brink did. It was not an escalation by her and there was no apparent animosity between either one of the two players. I think both players handled it well. It would have been better if neither player said anything

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You vastly overstate what Brink did. It was not an escalation by her and there was no apparent animosity between either one of the two players. I think both players handled it well. It would have been better if neither player said anything
She did escalate. Staring a player down and then saying something to her is escalating. She blocked a shot, it happens every game. No reason to act like that.

VN Store

Back