Game Thread: SEC tournament; Lady Vols v Kentucky,,Friday 8:15 PM, SEC network=win 80-71

No problem for healthy, fit young women. I think it's harder on the coaches with compressed scheduling, game planning, and preparation.
It's hard to wait around all day for the late game, especially your first game of a tourney. Could result in some early jitters.

Our team should be well rested but hopefully not rusty.

Seems like Kyra must tell her team to dog it until the SEC tournament. I think the LVs have too much firepower for them, unless they have a terrible shooting night.

Get this one and then redemption against LSU.

I think LSU will have their hands full with UGA tonight. I am very glad we don’t play them. Alisha Lewis and Diamond Battles looked locked in yesterday. Coach Abe is going to do some good things at Georgia.

Their first game against LSU was really fun to watch. Went to over time. I think UGA actually would have won by 5-10 points if the game was in Athens. LSU was 28-45 from the free throw line in that game. FORTY-FIVE 😳😳😳😳

Looking forward to seeing the Lady Vols start tourney play. This team is built for the postseason. Will Striplin, Hollingshead, Powell, or Darby step up to be the x-factor?
After watching the team all season.. it’s time for Jordan Walker and Sara Puckett to take a step forward or increase the minutes on the court for superstars Rickea Jackson and Jordan Horston.

Reactions: VolBall09
I don’t understand why the 3 seed is playing in the 4 game. Doesn’t seem right.

Makes since to me. If the 2 seed (LSU) plays the 2nd game in the afternoon and the 3 seed (VOLS) plays game 3 in the evening, then LSU would even have about 4 hours of rest instead of 2 hours before playing us tomorrow. (Assuming both win). It makes since for the 2 teams playing each other should have about the same rest time which is to play back to back games and the higher seeded team should play first getting the 2 extra hours of rest. Imagine if the 4th seed had to play the late game tonight and then about 14 hours later play SC who had 20+ hours to rest.

Last edited:
Off top of my head, two I think.

Didn't they beat us on Saturday in the semi-finals?
Yes as well as them beating SC that sunday in the finals. The amount of days they played last year has nothing to do with this year. Totally different team literally on the KY side we need to take care of business period .

They played 2 before our matchup. They beat Mississippi State in the 2nd round and LSU in the quarterfinals.

Yeah! I saw them play LSU. That was great fun...

Kim-Mulkey-030422-Getty-FTR.jpg

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They played 2 before our matchup. They beat Mississippi State in the 2nd round and LSU in the quarterfinals.

That’s what I was thinking. Was too lazy to look. I thought I remembered feeling supremely confident we would win because it was their 3rd game. We looked so flat that game though.

Hope for a different result today.

We have the prime time game, and KY has won as many SEC games this week, as they have all season, but we cannot take the win for granted. KY is pumped, on a roll, they had 10 steals against Alabama, and had 4 players shoot better than 55%, while making 92% of their free throws.

So, we must have ball security, and defense, and must finish our shots at the basket, or if getting stuffed on a layup, must pass to an open shooter. It’s time to end their 2 game streak, and we owe them from last year.

Play hard and never let up!

GO LADY VOLS!!!

TN 80-65
Somebody better find # 22 and stay on her till the final buzzer.

Our game will be delayed. In a protracted delay in LSU/GA game bc the roof of the colosieum is leaking. Not kidding.

Reactions: volfan__18
Really nasty storms in E. TN this afternoon now over Greeneville. Still, you'd think the roof would work.

It's hard enough to wait around all afternoon for your first tourney game. Now they're all off their game day schedule. I don't like this.

Or starts, at this rate. Their going to have to give them warm up time when they come back. I don't think they've made it to halftime. It will easily be after 9 by the time we start.

VN Store

Back