Game Thread: SEC: Lady Vols v Wildcats

So when the Lady Vols lose a game do we have folks who just lose their minds or is there a subset of “fans” that get all their life frustrations out by ragging on this team and staff. Honestly folks, if a loss makes you turn on a team you supposedly support, get a new team or don’t watch at all.
The stupid comments on here are just too numerous to discuss but I will point out those who say the program regressed over the season as particularly ridiculous. The competition got much stiffer in the last 25% of the season. So we struggled with some of the top 10 teams. I don’t know how you look at Rennia, Rae, Jaz, Jordan, Key and say they aren’t better now than they were at the beginning of the season. I would certainly say we are not consistent but are certainly better. Kentucky shot lights out tonight. The howling crowd will attribute that to every negative thing they can think of regarding our team and staff. We have been a pretty good defensive team this year. Why in the hell would you think that we just forgot how to play defense or just didn’t care. I would encourage those of you who just swing by this site to drop a load of horse manure every time we lose to get a new team or therapy.

this /\

This team needs the fanbase' support and backing more than ever right now folks,
Spirits can easily be broken
Keep in mind that potential recruits and families read this board

They need us to be strong for them.

I went outside to check and am happy to tell all of you that the sky is not falling!
I feel a whole lot better than I did last season's end. I feel a whole lot better than I thought I would after learning EW departed and ZG got injured.
Go Lady Vols!

When we were talking about realistic expectations for this team early in the season (and after losing Zaay) I said 20 wins, beat who we should beat, win one game in each tourney. Win one in the NCAA and we are exactly who I thought we were.

I wish we had taken an extra step somewhere along the way of beating a really good team, and I wish some of our same problems, turnovers, missed easy shots, offensive breakdowns, weren't still our problems. But at least we have not continued to go backwards. And that's the first step forward.

When we were talking about realistic expectations for this team early in the season (and after losing Zaay) I said 20 wins, beat who we should beat, win one game in each tourney. Win one in the NCAA and we are exactly who I thought we were.

I wish we had taken an extra step somewhere along the way of beating a really good team, and I wish some of our same problems, turnovers, missed easy shots, offensive breakdowns, weren't still our problems. But at least we have not continued to go backwards. And that's the first step forward.

We started this year with a goal of not having back to back losses...Hopefully the girls will find that fire again after this loss.

No, she did it several times. So did Rae. Then there were those inexplicable times (maybe due to screens) we saw Key or Brown on Howard. Defensive intensity was just not the same tonight, from players or coaches.

And thanks, but I'll read and post as I please. Since I don't suffer under delusions of my own self-importance nor have the extreme need to interject myself into the team psyche, I can do so with full realization that what I say or think has zero impact on anyone's "spirit"., much less their recruiting decisions.

you wanna be first?

I would love to, but these kids have just suffered a heartbreaking loss.
Attack me, I can take it
But if it gets cruel or personal against them, I am bowing up

Don't get people ripping Horston tonight. This kid was our only leader on the floor tonight. If you just watched on television, you didn't see everything. She was the most vocal and focused Lady Vol on the floor. It was definitely a bad night for the team but they need our support and not our ridicule. Am I disappointed? Yes, but I'm encouraged as well.

Everyone take a breath....We got beat tonight by a very good team, that is all....Get ready for the NCAA dance, and let's stay friends with each other...We're all in this together.

I agree GT,,, We can still make a good run and have a good end to our season,
I am a realest and admit this game was poorly executed, but this team still can do something magic-al

Reactions: GameTime
Don't get people ripping Horston tonight. This kid was our only leader on the floor tonight. If you just watched on television, you didn't see everything. She was the most vocal and focused Lady Vol on the floor. It was definitely a bad night for the team but they need our support and not our ridicule. Am I disappointed? Yes, but I'm encouraged as well.
At this point it does little good to throw darts at the Ladies.

Reactions: Lucy
It's not ripping, it's not cruel, it's not personal on an internet message board designed to discuss games to, well, discuss the game. That includes the positive and the negative plays.

The team only "needs us" if we are paying fans attending games. This constant need to over inflate our importance and our ability to actually influence play and players on this board is just nuts.

Never thought I'd say this, but I wish for a more heavily moderated board, not to shoo away "negativity" but to stop this rampant board on board posting. Address the post, never the poster, their intent, etc. Stop telling others what to post. Use the ignore button.

Last edited:
Emily will never play meaningful minutes for us I do not think. Kellie did not recruit her either. Kellie has done more than I was expecting with what we had coming back. Truth is several of our players are just lazy and not very talented. Zay will help but not like we need her too I am afraid. We got more out of Lou than was expected and no point guard is shown. Need shooters and toughness all around. Davis is a good player but not great and somewhat pouty!
Our players are not lazy..

It's not ripping, it's not cruel, it's not personnel on an internet message board designed to discuss games to, well, discuss the game. That includes the positive and the negative plays.

The team only "needs us" if we are paying fans attending games. This constant need to over inflate our importance and our ability to actually influence play and players on this board is just nuts.

Never thought I'd say this, but I wish for a more heavily moderated board, not to shoo away "negativity" but to stop this rampant board on board posting. Address the post, never the poster, their intent, etc. Stop telling others what to post. Use the ignore button.

I use the ignor-ant button

Our players are not lazy..
Nor naughty. Been saying it all year. Playing as hard as they are asked to play at all times and focus as sharply as is constantly required is a learned skill. Not something they can turn on and off at will. Hardest intangible to learn, hardest to coach. Many seem to think hard ass punishment is the answer, but if it were that easy it would have been fixed long ago.

It's what the previous staff could never overcome. We'll see if current staff can.

Reactions: Sportslady
So when the Lady Vols lose a game do we have folks who just lose their minds or is there a subset of “fans” that get all their life frustrations out by ragging on this team and staff. Honestly folks, if a loss makes you turn on a team you supposedly support, get a new team or don’t watch at all.
The stupid comments on here are just too numerous to discuss but I will point out those who say the program regressed over the season as particularly ridiculous. The competition got much stiffer in the last 25% of the season. So we struggled with some of the top 10 teams. I don’t know how you look at Rennia, Rae, Jaz, Jordan, Key and say they aren’t better now than they were at the beginning of the season. I would certainly say we are not consistent but are certainly better. Kentucky shot lights out tonight. The howling crowd will attribute that to every negative thing they can think of regarding our team and staff. We have been a pretty good defensive team this year. Why in the hell would you think that we just forgot how to play defense or just didn’t care. I would encourage those of you who just swing by this site to drop a load of horse manure every time we lose to get a new team or therapy.
I’m giving CKH a bye for this first year and will always root for my Vols. But your comment about we struggled some against top 10 teams. Well we are 1-10 against top 50 RPI teams this year.

Reactions: olddog
Kellie has done a good job with what she has, but this team simply does not have a player with the fire to lead, or even to win. Davis has talent, but she is no leader because she does not give the effort to play hard. Burrell plays hard, but like a bull in a china shop. Key is probably the weakest center we have ever had. She cannot catch or hold the ball. Horston could be good, but she has a lot to learn, and needs to play under control. Brown can take charges, but sadly, she cannot guard a tree. Massingale scares me every time she attempts to pass the ball. Hopefully, Kellie is recruiting players who have the fire and the desire to play hard for 40 minutes. We have not had that in quite a while. Accolades don't score points or prevent them being scored; effort and desire do. Games like tonight take the life out of you. We allowed the refs to take us out of the game with crappy calls early, and then we gave up.
Add some of Burrell 's aggressiveness to Davis ,and some Davis's cool,calm,and collected mode to Sugar Rae and you have two really great players. Keys is a freshmen
and no doubt will do the strength and conditioning this off season. Jordan also is a freshmen and will reduce the turnovers and will be this team leader ,when this coach (or whoever is coaching ) establish and implement x's and o's within some offensive series and schemes.
I will forgive the freshmen for doing freshmen things but
damn they should have been placed into some system that was organized and orchestrated far better than this
present mess. Jas just need to realize that she's a freaking guard and need to do real guard things.
As far as Kellie being alright as head coach,well, she will please some and some she will never win over ..ever.
You know I really do miss Zaay, Evina,Mimi and that fast little guard we sent home packing ( her sisters was our future) for whatever reason...who knows???
Hope everyone is ready for the NCAAT. I pick us to win it all.

VN Store

Back