Game Thread: SEC Lady Vols v Lady Tigers

That can really become a defensive identity for a team. If you make a teams best player have a really bad night, the rest tend to spiral out of control. Didn’t seem to be one player in particular tonight, just excellent team defense.

Jaz had her most of the time,Rae

defense was smarter tonight...they didn't try to attempt takeaways this game,,,they corralled their individual quarries and limited their movements

That can really become a defensive identity for a team. If you make a teams best player have a really bad night, the rest tend to spiral out of control. Didn’t seem to be one player in particular tonight, just excellent team defense.
I agree, and I wondered, how'd we do that? Last two games posts gettin it done on D somehow. Is it that our perimeter D is making the pass inside harder? I know we don't close on the 3 shooter well sometimes but maybe the long arms of the Jaz, Jordan and Rae make getting it inside more difficult.

Reactions: VolBall09
What you talkin bout Willis we need to win tomorrow to assure NCAA??? This damn bar needs to stop moving. For the last 3 games its been win and we're in then always, "they need one more to be sure". Bull, we're IN
Agree...21 wins were in.However let's dont stop!!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Whew what a game!!! I was worrying after that 1st half. KK really showed up, I've been down on her this year but she really showed out for us tonight. Only 10 to for the game, get some rest, rev it up tomorrow and beat Kentucky. One game at a time. Freaking win it all......

Could someone explain what just happened? I fell asleep in the third, and we were playing abysmally, and then I woke 2/3 way through the 4th and I was certain I wasn’t hearing correctly!

Kasi has caught a lot of flack this season, but she showed out at the right time tonight. She posted up big on every possession. She worked really hard tonight and it paid off. She’ll have similar advantages in tomorrow’s game.
I've been one giving to her some of her play in some games was well deserved. She has come to play in the last few games and has been our best center.

Davis was smart to save energy she lost to flu for strategic times. A couple of cups of strong sugar coffee before starting and again during half time are known to increase energy. Amazingly this helps psychologically as well.

We shot 38 percent and won by 13 that is what defense and not turning it over will do for you. 11 turnovers for the game only one in the entire second half.

We want be able to press Kentucky into many mistakes and they are a lot quicker than we are at guard. I would hope we could get some points inside on offensive rebounds and putbacks. We will need to shoot it well hopefully it will be a great offensive game for us. They got 80 last time we can't let them get to 70 this time really hope they can't get to 60.

Could someone explain what just happened? I fell asleep in the third, and we were playing abysmally, and then I woke 2/3 way through the 4th and I was certain I wasn’t hearing correctly!

Baskets and stops. Burrell and Kushkituah provided timely punches to turn the tide, so to speak.

Whew what a game!!! I was worrying after that 1st half. KK really showed up, I've been down on her this year but she really showed out for us tonight. Only 10 to for the game, get some rest, rev it up tomorrow and beat Kentucky. One game at a time. Freaking win it all......
Great post KK came to play. Now her and Key have a chance to control game tomorrow. Take care of the ball get movement and you get space inside.

Reactions: KrazyVolFan
I don't think we had but one top 50 win last season over Texas and also had 12 losses after the SEC tourney and we have a few top 100 wins not many last season.

I agree, and I wondered, how'd we do that? Last two games posts gettin it done on D somehow. Is it that our perimeter D is making the pass inside harder? I know we don't close on the 3 shooter well sometimes but maybe the long arms of the Jaz, Jordan and Rae make getting it inside more difficult.

Combination of both I think. Our length in general is troubling for teams. It bothers the perimeter players and limits their vision. Once the ball gets into the interior you’re turning around to 6’6” or 6’5”. Thompson is excellent, but undersized. They kept her off the boards and she only had 3 attempts. We have also improved immensely in dictating which players take shots on the other team.

VN Store

Back