Game Thread: SEC FINAL; Lady Vols Vs SOU CAR...Sunday 3PM...ESPN

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
001.jpg

Coach Jumper's Predictions: 65-60
  1. The impact lineup will be when Striplin and Hollingshead are on the floor together
  2. Rickea will go for 20 and extend her record
  3. Turnovers will be under 15
  4. Horston and Jackson will seal the deal!
@J-Dog 1313 68-59
@Ladyvol777 71-70
@mad4vols 86-68
@LasVegasBill23 70-61
@knoxvol52 72-67

glv98 55-67
@mudcat1973 76-72
@Vols2015 65-61

Jax_Vol 64-83
37620VOL 71-80

002.jpg

Versus LSU:
002.jpg
Versus Ole Miss:
002.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' at those stats (Thanks, Coach!) was SC cold shooting, or did Ole Miss bring some defense to the perimeter?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
4 of the 5 Lady Vols starters played 35 minutes or more tonight, whereas no USC starter played more than 29 minutes (and 3 played 21 minutes or less). Not only is USC dominant, but their depth is built for a tournament like this playing several games in a row.

It's hard to believe we just played them 9 days ago. Feels like a lifetime has happened since then. We only had 9 turnovers in that one, but also only 8 assists. But we won the 1st and 4th quarters! That has to give them some confidence that they can hang with USC.

The Lady Vols can win this one but it will take a monster effort and playing within themselves. We will need more than Jackson and Horston to pull off one of the biggest upsets of the year. Our other players have to shoot when they are at the elbow, rather than constantly throwing the ball into the post. Many of our players seem to avoid shooting even when they are open. I do believe that Holinshed is our best option in the post.

The Lady Vols can win this one but it will take a monster effort and playing within themselves. We will need more than Jackson and Horston to pull off one of the biggest upsets of the year. Our other players have to shoot when they are at the elbow, rather than constantly throwing the ball into the post. Many of our players seem to avoid shooting even when they are open. I do believe that Holinshed is our best option in the post.
Some great back doors. That girl can pass.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I'm still mostly in a space of not caring about what happens tomorrow. That may change tomorrow morning.

My biggest hope is that we stay HEALTHY. No injuries tomorrow. It feels like a handful of teams that were projected to do well in the tournament are dealing with injuries. and their ceiling as a team is much lower.

With ALL the issues this team needs to fix to make a deep run, staying healthy is most important, imo.

VN Store

Back