Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Western Kentucky

As I've said before, Horston is this team's Guarantano. She is arguably the most physically talented player on the roster, her issues are entirely from the neck up. Until she figures it out, if she ever does, I hope Kellie will continue to keep her on the bench and limit her minutes...
e46KnaJoJb4X28QA7rQMq4xAs0Hdu-62aaZf_056DNsy_6KT8sIDq_pOqhajtk7iA6Zv2YzBpVYx2Btp9GZdLblrhB4N41qOAh_g3moXea2msyKxyEAyjbCNXg

No offense against Jordan...I guess my point is that Jordan is better than she showed on this game. She seems to be trying to find her game and I didn't see that she has found that. Once again, I think she is a special athlete, she just needs to let the game come to her and stop pressing.

No offense against Jordan...I guess my point is that Jordan is better than she showed on this game. She seems to be trying to find her game and I didn't see that she has found that. Once again, I think she is a special athlete, she just needs to let the game come to her and stop pressing.

Jordan .... not bad really ! I just rewatched the game . In the first quarter...
*. She drove to goal and on two occasions she drew a foul .
*. On defense while guarding the ball she got her hands on 3 passes and one got us a turnover and the others out of bounds .
*. Two assist/passes to our bigs .... Key made hers and KK missed a bunny.
*. She had a rebound and made two foul shots
*. She drove three other times and missed a tear drop shot , turned ball over , and last shot of quarter and fouled a player inside the circle !!
In third & fourth quarters she penetrated and drew a charge but the next drive she stopped and dished for a assist ! The last time she pulled up and shot at backboard, got her pass to herself and got off a shot !

She only played 13 minutes and obviously wasn’t herself . But if you look at her whole game ...,.. she did some good things and learned from her penetration mistakes and made corrections ! Let’s see how the next game goes ? 🤔

If Tennessee wants Jordan to drive against the zone then they have to do a better job of sealing off one side or the other. Jordan has to recognize you can't take a drive down the middle of a zone to many bodies in their and Refs call charges when you bull in there whether it was a charge or not. One looked to be a block but Refs are far from perfect and you can't give them opportunities to make a call against you. A couple of the plays she had a player open for a shot she could've passed to but she chose to go it alone which is out of the team concept. She made some good plays also and made all four free throw attempts. She is still playing out of control to some extent hopefully she'll figure it out in the next few games.

VN Store

Back