Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Western Kentucky

I'm hoping they have learned to go all out which will in turn allow them the opportunity to utilize the bench. Last year they never truly learned to keep the peddle to the metal when they would make a run. If the key players have to play 35 minutes or more a game against average competition, it will not be a good sign.

I'm hoping they have learned to go all out which will in turn allow them the opportunity to utilize the bench. Last year they never truly learned to keep the peddle to the metal when they would make a run. If the key players have to play 35 minutes or more a game against average competition, it will not be a good sign.
for THIS game maybe

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Nearly every run-up to nearly every season I admit to thinking and saying the same thing: “THIS is the most excitement about a new season I’ve felt in years!”

This year, it’s “This is the most excitement about a new season that I’ve EVER felt!” And that’s true.

This whole year has been a struggle, for everyone, and after so much disappointment and sorrow and uncertainty, I desperately crave those old familiar feelings of deep pride, affection and spirit that I get only from watching the Tennessee Lady Vols play basketball.

Today I am thankful for the health and safety of all who are reading this, and also for the diligence of everyone in the Lady Vols basketball program for, at least so far, doing all in their power to keep each other virus-free. It has GOT to be tough to do with so many people involved and so many moving parts needed to have a program, so I really, reeeaaaallllly appreciate the sacrifices they are all making.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. And GO LADY VOLS!

Of all the new players I am looking forward to watching Marta when you read and and listen to Coach talk about her. Looking forward to Green and Walker as well. Go Lady Vols. In CHRIST Alone

I am looking forward to seeing the "NEW" team. Last year was "getting to know each other and what is expected". This year the new team and players should be exciting to watch.

That is a large, but poor shooting and turnover prone line up.

Yes, as they played last year. A year of getting use to each other and knowing what each other is likely to do should help with limiting to's. Let's hope sound coaching has helped shooting. If not maybe we have some shooters that have come on board that can help on this front. GO LADY VOLS!!!!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
After watching all these teams ranked from 10 through 25, Lady vols is better than all of them and will beat them.

Reactions: GameTime
Coach, just looking at the lineup, but is Ms Key still growing or wearing platform shoes? If Emily is truly 6' 5", then Ms Key must be 6' 7". Go Lady Vols!
First of all I think these measurements are in BB shoes, not barefoot.
I don't believe Emily is 6'5"
look at the team pic:
2020-21 Lady Vol group shot 2.jpg
If Tamari is 6"5" and Marta is 6'2" then that makes Kasi 6'3" and Emily about 6'3-1/2" (Emily's hair is another 1/2 inch)

draw horizional lines using the eyes of each player on the top row.

My belief it is not the top of the head length that is important, it is the length of the arms and the size of the hands.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
From the shoulders KK and Emily are the same height. Nobody has the length of Key her shoulders are three inches higher than KK or Emily. Then you add arm length and she has six inches or more on either of them. Surprised to see that Marta, McCoy, Green, and Darby are basically the same size.

VN Store

Back