Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. VANDERBILT

We have to get much more consistent play out of Davis, Burrell, and Massengill. That is if Horston can stay where she was today which is certainly not a given.

Reactions: volfan__18 and Caz
I think it is hard to coach young players freshmen and sophomores. I am positive that Burrell has been told 100 times about play for the last shot. That mistake she made in the first was huge possible 9 point lead became a four. Those are the huge mistakes that give the other team momentum and cost you games. She made some plays in the last half that saved us, but that one mistake really energized Vandy.

Reactions: travis929
Then it better be shooters that have speed and the ability to create there own shot.
Well they would be seniors so expect that they would be experienced. We know who the freshmen are and we know Zaay Green. If we could add a player that was elite I think we'd be fine.

Well, what was an ugly loss last season was an ugly win this season.

I think the two individuals who called the game on ESPN2 should be ashamed. What happened to objectively calling a basketball game? They essentially sat there and trashed Tennessee for two hours.
I usually try not to trash commentators but they were awful. It felt like they were announcing for the Commodore radio network

And Lou brown is supposed the smartest hardest worker. She literally just passed the ball inbounds to no one

I will have to watch a replay but I’m certain that was all on Jaz. She was supposed to come back to the ball and she just stood there. She was wide open on the next play when she came back to the ball, and it appeared to be the exact same set.

Last edited:
That Ref called a foul on Vandy when they got it in the Horston was a phantom foul. I don't think she touched Horston and Horston got away could've run to clock down to couple seconds. Instead we had to in bounds again with 9.

I will have to watch a replay but I’m certain that was all on Jaz. She was supposed to come back to the ball and she just stood there. Have was wide open on the next play when she came back to the ball, and it appeared to be the exact same set.

You would be correct. Lou passed it to a wide open Jaz who just seemed to be off today. There were two or three rebounds she just looked at, she passed it on the out of bounds line, and watched the inbounds go to her and then passed her.

He’s just a basketball gossip. I don’t understand why he is given a segment year after year. The target for women’s college basketball should be young women and girls.

Basketball is particularly popular with minorities. What 15yo girl what’s to listen to some odd 50yo white man talk about women’s basketball? Get some people in there who they will identify with!! It’s not that hard.
Sure you don't mean it to be but I find this post borderline offensive. Because no one can or should identfy with someone a different age or race? If Creme is bad he's bad, but not because of race or age JMO

We have generally sucked at inbounds plays all year. We do have a few nice ones inside to Davis but there have been too many times that it has been an adventure. This needs to be fixed, if not now, then the off season.

VN Store

Back