Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stetson

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. We at least played a half a game. We couldn't shoot worth a crap from the perimeter but got to the line and were amazing at the free throw line. 13 percent from the three.

Reactions: governmentmule
I went and watched Texas play MSST Sunday. I came within an inch of coming on here and assuring ya'll that the Vols would be able to handle them. I've changed my mind now. At least they had an excuse for losing - they were playing somebody. Don't know what the Vols excuse will be for tonight.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Hey, no problem. They were just looking ahead to Texas on Sunday.

So basically Holly cannot make real time, in game adjustments.

60? they easily beat us by 90
Ironically that may be Holly’s undoing... when we walk out on the court with as much talent and if we are beaten badly that may what gets people’s attention-because right now it looks as though apathy has set in which is never good for a fan base.

We'll have to find some outside shooting to beat Texas what we did tonight won't work. Were not going to get 30 fouls shots. These slow starts where we let their players have open threes and layups because we don't want to expend the energy to guard them better not happen as well. Lady Vols wanted a walk in the park tonight had to gear it up to keep from getting beat.

Full disclosure... I didn't see this game but someone who did just told me the first half was an all time low point for the Lady Vols' historic program. If this is what we're in for this year, it has to be Holly's last chance. Good lord... a 20 point deficit at home to a 1-6 team... Stetson???? I am having a hard time getting my head around that.

So it would appear that Davis and Westbrook saved us a great embarrassment?
Thus far the freshmen have been underwhelming shooting the ball. I don't think any of them are shooting 40 percent and no one on the team could shoot it tonight. We won by getting to the line. Davis only player shooting 50 percent or higher 5 of 15 except for Green 2 of 2. Evina 5 of 15 but she was 9 of 9 from the free throw line. Zaay 2 of 9 so she is down to about 30 percent for the year.

Full disclosure... I didn't see this game but someone who did just told me the first half was an all time low point for the Lady Vols' historic program. If this is what we're in for this year, it has to be Holly's last chance. Good lord... a 20 point deficit at home to a 1-6 team... Stetson???? I am having a hard time getting my head around that.
We were down 20 with a little over 7 minutes left in the third quarter.

I know,, you have to wonder how many times even when they win against their conference foes are they ever up by 20.

VN Store

Back