Game Thread Lady Vols vs. Stanford

I saw that. Seems she's played less as the games have been getting closer. Looks like Holly is tightening her rotation.

Good win by Stanford considering Smith was limited by foul trouble. Maya Dodson is really good also. They will be tough next season.
Yes if we could have got Maya Dodson we would have been a lot better.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Wow....no Holly haters in here yet?

No Holly hater yet? because lady vols played well. Are you enemies of saying the truth? We're the "fans truth" not the fans scare to say the truth. I am impressed how well they played. Naw, work on defense okkk girlsss

Anytime you allow 95 points in a womens basketball game you deserve to lose. We had enough breakdowns on defense tonight to lose twice. Even with their 14 threes we could win just by rebounding and stopping the layups on offensive rebounds.

Women’s basketball is changing and you’re seeing it all over the country. More and more teams are embracing the Princeton style offense and putting up big numbers in terms of scoring. It’s not like the good ol’ days where defense and rebounding was a enough alone. Gotta score. I for one am glad to see a women’s game end 95-85. Happens often on the men’s side.

Davis, Green, and Jackson 15 for 45 that want get it done. Evina and C. Green 13 for 27 which is about 50 percent.

Can't win'em all. CHW needs to take this game film tomorrow & show the girls what's not working.
The players & coach Warlick should practice how to defend team's shooting the 3s. Stanford was too hot tonight from three point land for us to have any chance. Stanford could've beaten UConn tonight w/those threes.

Reactions: Rickster
The Lady Vols fell to Stanford, however, for a young team they held their own. They reduced the turnovers, however, when a team shoots over 50%, you are going to have a tough time winning. Don't hang your heads ladies, I am proud of you. We need to work on guarding the 3. We also missed a lot of close in shots, you can't do that against good teams.

Too young, too many injuries, too many turnovers, too many etc..... How about too few coaches which know what they are doing. HW will NEVER, NEVER have a championship team!! Holly do the university a HUGE favor and resign.

The Lady Vols fell to Stanford, however, for a young team they held their own. They reduced the turnovers, however, when a team shoots over 50%, you are going to have a tough time winning. Don't hang your heads ladies, I am proud of you. We need to work on guarding the 3. We also missed a lot of close in shots, you can't do that against good teams.

Honestly, I thought Tennessee would be terrible this year. They have far exceeded my expectations for this team.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Davis, Green, and Jackson 15 for 45 that want get it done. Evina and C. Green 13 for 27 which is about 50 percent.

I wouldn't even include Cheridene. She was so invisible for 3 quarters she may as well have been in the Witness Protection Program.

Tennessee desperately needs a true low post anchor. Hopefully Kasi is back up to speed soon. They will need her for SEC play.

Reactions: cutiepie5
This is a positive loss shows what happens to you when you don't rebound and play defense. Now we know where we need work a lot of it. We got it back even couldn't hit a shot on about five possessions and they got it back up to seven from there it was just back and fourth as when they missed we failed to secure the rebound.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Yeah but y’all acting like we’re the worst team in the country and all is lost for the rest of forever. Get a grip. We got outscored by a top 10 team in December. After this win they may actually be a top 5 team depending on what happens in the Oregon/Miss State game.
Naw this has been our MO for the last few years. EVERYTIME we play a great 3 pt shooting team, we disregard guarding the 3pt line. Teams get all the open looks they want. They had their hands down all game trying to play D. So no, I won't get a grip cause this a recurring offense that happens every year like clock work.

I think Oregon is better as well, but I don’t think they’ll beat Stanford. Tara is too good of a coach. They beat Oregon last year by 12. Stanford was nowhere near this good last season and Oregon was much better a year ago. They frustrated them to no end on the defensive end and I think Tara will have them gameplanned pretty well.
Pat owned Tara.

Reactions: Vfl2407
Why did you think they would be terrible?

Lost their two best players, their best reserve, no proven inside presence, and heavily reliant on freshmen. This is my first time watching them this season, but from season stats, the only reason I was wrong is because Evina and Meme's have improved tremendously from last season. Even though Meme didn't shoot the ball well, she was still playing hard and contributed more.than her season average.

Sheesh! I wouldn't want to know your expectations if we didn't have a roster full of 4 and 5 star athletes!

The roster 2-3 seasons ago was more talented, and the team was bad. There are good players on this team coming into the season, but I didn't think there were any difference-makers. Evina has proven otherwise with her play so far. As she goes, Tennessee goes.

Reactions: Bret178
Lost their two best players, their best reserve, no proven inside presence, and heavily reliant on freshmen. This is my first time watching them this season, but from season stats, the only reason I was wrong is because Evina and Meme's have improved tremendously from last season. Even though Meme didn't shoot the ball well, she was still playing hard and contributed more.than her season average.

Ok thx, good breakdown

Naw this has been our MO for the last few years. EVERYTIME we play a great 3 pt shooting team, we disregard guarding the 3pt line. Teams get all the open looks they want. They had their hands down all game trying to play D. So no, I won't get a grip cause this a recurring offense that happens every year like clock work.

Seriously? We held teams to 28% 3 point shooting last season. It’s been an issue this season but there are also about 15 things that have improved drastically.

VN Store

Back