Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. OLE MISS

I say they played 25 really good offensive minutes. That defense is still a mess on the dribble drive but it has been all year so it's not about to change in March. Would've been nice to see a more focused 4th quarter. All in all I give them a B for this game. Had they kept that one girl from scoring 30 & rebounded better out of the zone I would have given them a B+.

You can't get an A from me when players are getting to the rim that easily. Granted Ole Miss (who we may need to call Ole Miss-ing Layups from now) missed literally 15 or so layups so it didn't burn Tennessee on the scoreboard. I counted 9 at the half and then once it got over 12 I did stop counting to be honest. Good teams will make those. Clean that up! Hopefully they use this game tape wisely.

I would bet money not only is she back she completes her contract and gets another extension in a couple years. Meanwhile Tennessee is playing like crap this quarter. They will win but nobody better say this was a complete game because it was not. When does the SEC Tourney start?

We know when our team plays like crap (far far too many times this season which hopefully will be enough for Phil to get us a competent coach) but You know who didn’t play like crap AEH... the one Geno said he didn’t want?!? Now she is an important part at MSU. With that short bench he prolly could of used her but he rather bash her at a luncheon in a sort of drunken stupor. Go figure ?!?

You serious Clark?? The last I looked KY lost today too.

KY played without a starting forward today, McKinney, I think she usually plays 20 mins a game and is one of their better defensive players. Not impressed with KY but up until Ole Miss fourth quarter play In our game today, could not understand how Ole Miss beat KY.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
KY played without a starting forward today, McKinney, I think she usually plays 20 mins a game and is one of their better defensive players. Not impressed with KY but up until Ole Miss fourth quarter play In our game today, could not understand how Ole Miss beat KY.

Just knowing Ole Miss beat a good team like the KY girl's team is a shocker...at least to me.
I was watching the GA vs KY game earlier today & GA was beating KY like a drum. Another poster said KY won that game today.

Reactions: choconut
We know when our team plays like crap (far far too many times this season which hopefully will be enough for Phil to get us a competent coach) but You know who didn’t play like crap AEH... the one Geno said he didn’t want?!? Now she is an important part at MSU. With that short bench he prolly could of used her but he rather bash her at a luncheon in a sort of drunken stupor. Go figure ?!?
You started somewhere then trailed off. I'll try to follow you though. I'm guessing you are trying to fight/argue/get keyboard tough with me? I don't play that game. Sorry to disappoint you but I will try to address your statements to the best of my ability.

We know when our team plays like crap (far far too many times this season which hopefully will be enough for Phil to get us a competent coach)
Phil has been extremely supportive of Warlick & staff. I don't think that changes no matter what happens at the end of this season. I truly don't think there is anything that could happen where she would be fired. If she got an extension last year and they played bad as well as the year before why let her go? Nothing has changed from when he gave her the extension. TN will continue to recruit well and Holly will stay. Just a prediction is all.

but You know who didn’t play like crap AEH... the one Geno said he didn’t want?!? Now she is an important part at MSU. With that short bench he prolly could of used her but he rather bash her at a luncheon in a sort of drunken stupor. Go figure ?!?
I wish AEH all the success in the world. No matter where it is. I'm a fan of WCBB and if Miss St. is where she needed to be to get a chance to excel then right on for her. I didn't know you attended UConn Luncheons but I hope you had a good time while you were there. If what Geno said made you upset you should address that with him. I wasn't there and don't speak for him but he has Twitter I think. Rage on pal.

Look I get it you're frustrated w/ your teams' inconsistent play. No reason to take it out on me.

SEC Women's Basketball Tournament Bracket: SEC Women's Basketball Bracket

You started somewhere then trailed off. I'll try to follow you though. I'm guessing you are trying to fight/argue/get keyboard tough with me? I don't play that game. Sorry to disappoint you but I will try to address your statements to the best of my ability.

Phil has been extremely supportive of Warlick & staff. I don't think that changes no matter what happens at the end of this season. I truly don't think there is anything that could happen where she would be fired. If she got an extension last year and they played bad as well as the year before why let her go? Nothing has changed from when he gave her the extension. TN will continue to recruit well and Holly will stay. Just a prediction is all.

I wish AEH all the success in the world. No matter where it is. I'm a fan of WCBB and if Miss St. is where she needed to be to get a chance to excel then right on for her. I didn't know you attended UConn Luncheons but I hope you had a good time while you were there. If what Geno said made you upset you should address that with him. I wasn't there and don't speak for him but he has Twitter I think. Rage on pal.

Look I get it you're frustrated w/ your teams' inconsistent play. No reason to take it out on me.

SEC Women's Basketball Tournament Bracket: SEC Women's Basketball Bracket

Uh huh😂 just don’t be mad for being called out for trying to stir the pot. I can recognize this team has underachieved but that has nothing to do with my reply. Don’t get that twisted.

But I’m going to stop becuz I’m being a “bully” I guess and playing keyboard tough😂😂😂 (only someone who hides behind a keyboard would try to call someone keyboard tough when they were having a convo).

But anyways have a blessed day!

Last edited:
I now realize how much I love Charles Barkley and his crew commenting NBA because they say it just the way it is. Imagine asking Charles about Holly.. God knows wat he would say.

Haha.. true but he also just likes to hate on teams; GSW.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Today's win is fool's gold as a team and as far as is one individual's performance. Too much data on a 7 year tablet for the coach and a 4 year tablet for the player. Happy they won and happy the player had a good game but it portends nothing.

Hello Phil Foolmer;

Mr. Foolmer please don't be fooled by this one win! We all know Pretend-Coach Holly needs to GO.

No time left to study the film and work like heck. Holly's time come and GONE.

Thank-You

Vol Fans

amazing how well meme can play when she decides to show up.
I don’t think she ever decides to not show up. She misses a few and then has no confidence to continue trying. Today she missed a three and then shot an air ball from 2 and I assumed she would be done for the day but then she hit a three, then another, and ended up 5 of 6. You could see the confidence building especially on that last three from downtown. We need someone to be able to hit from outside so we can kick it out and open up the space for drives. If not MeMe, someone else, but who?

amazing how well meme can play when she decides to show up.
So I'm interested in how you believe this decision-making process occurs. At some point she says, I don't give a damn today so I'm going to suck in front of several thousand people and a TV audience? Preseason she says, screw it, I'm just gonna have a really crappy senior year? What benefit is it to a player to sometimes decide to take a night off, let their team down?

You really think they sometimes choose to play poorly?

So I'm interested in how you believe this decision-making process occurs. At some point she says, I don't give a damn today so I'm going to suck in front of several thousand people and a TV audience? Preseason she says, screw it, I'm just gonna have a really crappy senior year? What benefit is it to a player to sometimes decide to take a night off, let their team down?

I’m with you here. I’ve never known an athlete who TRIED to miss shots, hit a tennis ball in the net, strike out in baseball, drop a TD pass etc. That’s like saying our ladies miss on purpose. That is not happening. It’s just not. It’s actually quite insulting to insinuate they do. JMHO

Reactions: Bret178
We won and still have a chance to make the NCAA's. True that the win was against a cupcake, however, the ladies did what they had to do. They can still make a run in the SEC tournament.

I don`t think so they will need to make the case Florida pounded Vandy today. So when it comes to what have you done lately ? Tenn right now are in no position say anything.

I don’t think she ever decides to not show up. She misses a few and then has no confidence to continue trying. Today she missed a three and then shot an air ball from 2 and I assumed she would be done for the day but then she hit a three, then another, and ended up 5 of 6. You could see the confidence building especially on that last three from downtown. We need someone to be able to hit from outside so we can kick it out and open up the space for drives. If not MeMe, someone else, but who?

Exactly. That's what I mean by showing up. Continuing to play 40 minutes. Not missing a few early and then going into a shell and refusing to shoot anymore. It's not a bad thing.
Shooters shoot. Scorers score. When she continues playing hard like she did today good things will happen.

Reactions: Chipperbones

spoiler alert - sometimes they don't give their best effort. I know, I know crazy right?

VN Store

Back