Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

Zay is one that when she is off she is off and most of the time when she is scoring it's on break away lay ups and quick jumpers in transition where she sprints to he middle of the lane/top if the key area. There wasn't much opportunity for that today. They way Miss St was playing defense and TN was turning it over she really just didn't have the opportunity for the kind of scoring that comes easy to her.

Complete opposite player from the last time they played MSST. Its obvious her confidence has been wavered.

Reactions: VolBall09
She gets them and does nothing to develop and improve their play. She ruins them. So unfair.

More than anything, she ruins their confidence. She takes these great, exuberant players and by the end of the season they are glum faced brick layers. I can’t decide if she pays no attention to them at all in practice or if she rides them like a rented mule all season.

Reactions: russahouse
I think Miss St Coaches comments about 7 McDonalds AA's was actually a sarcastic comment towards Holly! All of these other programs are beating us without those type players! If all these other Coaches understand that * ratings and AA statuses don't matter and recruit kids that are coachable and fit their systems and then why do we continue to just throw out offers to only this type player!

Reactions: VolBall09
I think Miss St Coaches comments about 7 McDonalds AA's was actually a sarcastic comment towards Holly! All of these other programs are beating us without those type players! If all these other Coaches understand that * ratings and AA statuses don't matter and recruit kids that are coachable and fit their systems and then why do we continue to just throw out offers to only this type player!

Because most coachable kids want an actual coach.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Because most coachable kids want an actual coach.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Winner!! Thank You you see what I see! I look at these kids as packages! They have been playing ball since they were in diapers! They have played for great AAU Coaches🤣 and HS Coaches and all had trainers! So I consider these kids should come in already assembled! Yet the packages we are choosing are coming with pieces missing like a screw a peg or a wheel?

Agree, we might not like the comment but Vic's basically stating: I can easily beat UT who's stacked with AAs when MissST has none - just imagine what I could do with 7 AAs. You know Vic's telling recruits that too.

Reactions: PG1
Agree, we might not like the comment but Vic's basically stating: I can easily beat UT who's stacked with AAs when MissST has none - just imagine what I could do with 7 AAs. You know Vic's telling recruits that too.
When Va Tech beat Tennessee a few years ago, their coach said something like, "They have McD All Americans and we don't. But I have a Five Guys All American, and we all know Five Guys is better."

And nothing has changed since.

Reactions: PG1

VN Store

Back