Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

Holly picked up a Grad transfer and she was injured in like the second practice would've helped the team quite a bit. I know she would not be as good as Howard but she was close ot a double double player her last season at Washington State. To add if Howard would've come here doubt she would've played as well under Holly.
I wonder who he goes after next season loses four seniors that have been the biggest part of the team.
He already has Promise Taylor and Jessika Carter to help fill the void left by Teaira's graduation. Don't know how soon Bibby is back, but if she's ready I figure her, Espinoza, Myah Taylor and Rickea Jackson will be the other starters. That's a lot of offensive firepower. Myah is probably the weak link, bit he will have a lot of scorers. They will be very good next year without needing graduate transfers.

Which makes it mind boggling how she is still getting top recruits like Jordan Horston. Maybe she just likes a challenge. An insurmountable one, but a challenge nonetheless.

Not if Fulmer hires a terrific coach in the next few weeks. I'm excited for Horston and ALL of the Lady Vols for next season. Redemption is coming.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Which makes it mind boggling how she is still getting top recruits like Jordan Horston. Maybe she just likes a challenge. An insurmountable one, but a challenge nonetheless.
Truly mind boggling! These kids continue to choose HW to be their Coach even knowing what they are committing to for 4 years of their life!

Arbitrary, but I consider under 12 competitive
12-20 middling
Over 20 is a blowout
When you are down by 20+ in the waning moments of a game and score 5 quick points by your star players against the other teams' bench, I don't think that lessens the fact that this was a blowout. The game was out of reach in the 2nd quarter.

Reactions: Momto2
Not if Fulmer hires a terrific coach in the next few weeks. I'm excited for Horston and ALL of the Lady Vols for next season. Redemption is coming.
I agree, but she signed to play for Holly. She must think she's the savior to turn around this sinking ship.

I agree, but she signed to play for Holly. She must think she's the savior to turn around this sinking ship.

Actually, we don't know for sure if she was drawn to play for Holly, or if she and her family have a longtime affection/loyalty to "Tennessee" and its legendary place in women's basketball history. The whole Pat Summitt thing is still important to some people, and we also don't know what influences extended family and friends have on teenaged players. Holly and the current staff may have been the draw for her, but then maybe it was way more than who's coaching that drew her to Tennessee.

We'll soon find out, won't we? :)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Cori Close the UCLA coach, is worth a hard look in my opinion. She's coached very well the last few seasons, they had a rough start this year with a very young team. But by the end of PAC-12 play she had them as the 4th team in a VERY competitive league this year. Really nice coaching IMO. Looks like they will be playing in the PAC-12 semis and playing in the NCAA tournament with a 19-11 record on the season. She coached them up and they finished 12-6 in league play.

I loved Bridgett Gordon and Nicky Anosike as players - two of the best ever. But they need to find new schools to continue to develop at while this whole coaching staff get pink slips!
'

Anosike seems to be the most uninterested assistant coach ive ever seen . She's always been an even keeled player more on the laid back side ., but from the cameos i see of her shes full of *Side Eyes* and *Sarcastic Grins* as i feel even she knows Holly is a horrible coach . But she's got a Job so im sure she cant or wont say anything against holly.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
'

Anosike seems to be the most uninterested assistant coach ive ever seen . She's always been an even keeled player more on the laid back side ., but from the cameos i see of her shes full of *Side Eyes* and *Sarcastic Grins* as i feel even she knows Holly is a horrible coach . But she's got a Job so im sure she cant or wont say anything against holly.

She is actually a graduate assistant, not a full fledged assistant coach. I'm not sure what the rules are about her contributing to in game coaching, but it's really not her place, no matter how dire the situation is.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
'

As a GA, Anosike isn't allowed to coach at all, so I'm sure she is being extra careful to keep her emotions in check so as to not jump up and become someone committing an NCAA rules infraction.

Under those constraints, I am 100% positive that I'd never want to be a graduate assistant, the most frustrating "job" in the sport!

Compared to the 30 pt loss during the regular season its not. Evina was the difference maker as we all predicted. Her 15 ppg made us lose by half of what we loss by the 1st time ! #Growth lol
I didn't think she would make much of a difference, and I don't think I was wrong. She got her points, but it didn't really do them much good. If anything, the last game was closer. They had it in single digits in the third quarter before MSST slammed on the gas. This one was got away midway through the 2nd quarter, and Tennessee never got it back below 10.

The thing that was so frustrating about this game is we could have easily won it. The turnovers killed us.

I disagree that the Lady Vols don't deserve a berth in the NCAAs. They have the talent. If the ladies come out motivated, I wouldn't be surprised to see
them make a run to the sweet 16. IF THEY CAN ELIMINATE THE UNFORCED ERRORS!

That's truly do sickening.:mad:
Jackson had 8 turnovers, 4 of them airballs into the stands. Can't throw a pass within the catch radius of a teammate. Plus, 2 frontcourt fouls, twice let her player blow by her for a layup, missed 2 layups of her own and only 1 rebound. She did shoot well with the three 3s and a couple 2s but a net negative performance.

He already has Promise Taylor and Jessika Carter to help fill the void left by Teaira's graduation. Don't know how soon Bibby is back, but if she's ready I figure her, Espinoza, Myah Taylor and Rickea Jackson will be the other starters. That's a lot of offensive firepower. Myah is probably the weak link, bit he will have a lot of scorers. They will be very good next year without needing graduate transfers.
Very good next year? They could have been very good this year! They could have been very good last year! Forget about grad transfers, and recruiting and how about focusing on the real problem... It time to look at what is lacking! Strong Leadership, Strict Discipline, and Accountability.

Very good next year? They could have been very good this year! They could have been very good last year! Forget about grad transfers, and recruiting and how about focusing on the real problem... It time to look at what is lacking! Strong Leadership, Strict Discipline, and Accountability.
You are correct about Tennessee. But I was talking about whether or not MSST would need graduate transfers to replace the 4 graduating seniors.

This is what the program has sank to? Losing by 15 (after being down by 20+ when Vic sent for his bench) and trailing by double digits the final 20+ minutes is now considered a battle? It's like they don't realize the game isn't only 1 quarter long

A bit desperate, IMO...

Lady Vols give Mississippi State a battle; was it enough for NCAA Tournament?

"I thought we played a pretty solid basketball game," said Warlick. "The difference is the turnovers. We only got, what, 54 attempts. Those 25 attempts take away a possibility of you scoring."

*wince*
And if it hadn't been for hitting that darn iceberg, the Titanic wouldn't have sunk. Nice try, Capt. Smith... errrrr.... Holly!

Seriously, that type of logic is something a child might think is convincing. :rolleyes:

VN Store

Back